Phono Cable
Oct 14, 2002 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TimSchirmer

Repelling digital infidels. (Would that be called the Digifadah?)
Does anyone here know where to get phono cables for cheap? I just need some kind of Din to RCA. Nothing fancy, just want decent OFC conductor, maybe some gold plated connectors, so they won't corrode. Anyone have any recommendations... i'm talking under 30$ here.

Oct 14, 2002 at 8:43 AM Post #2 of 8
come on! Anything? These turntable manufactures must offer replacement cables for there stuff. I'm not looking for an "upgrade cable" just a cable period, one that that transfers the signal, and that's it.

Oct 14, 2002 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 8
The DIN to RCA cables are usually upgrade parts for separate tonearms, as integrated tables almost always have a dedicated cable (that doesn't connect via DIN, so their replacement cables wouldn't work). There just simply isn't a market for a low cost cable like this. If the Rega arms use a DIN connector, you might see a Rega dealer about a replacement cable (Those arms, partcularly the RB250, sell for little enough that the cable might be reasonably priced).

If that doesn't work, about the only way I can think of to get one at $30 is to buy the cable, RCA plugs and DIN jack separately and make one.

Oct 14, 2002 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 8
Tim,

You are gonna have to make one for yourself.All the parts including the cable are available from Markertek.I don't see it costing more than $25.00 dollars.

Oct 14, 2002 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 8
how does the ground wire work? I wouldn't know where to solder that. I've only DIY-ed some magnet wire interconnects.

Also, which wire would you recommend to do this with? I've heard low-capatence is the way to go with moving-magnet stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back