Phone Fi
Jan 12, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #107 of 423
I've had no issues with AT&T. Either I've been lucky with where I live or travel or the network problems have been overblown. 

I'm just hoping this forces AT&T to go back to the unlimited data plan. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #110 of 423
Finally updated my captivate to 2.2. Garbage kies doesn't support 64bit windows 7 for some reason so had borrow my sisters laptop. Can't say I noticed much of a difference, boots about the same, but the settings icons are coloured now. Rather dissapointed, I jumped on XDA-developers site and started going through the "how does your phone look" thread. 

I ended up with this;

ADW launcher, clockr, battstatt, and some text icons to replace the boring stock ones. I also switched to the skyfire browser and it's awesome. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #111 of 423
iv got a samsung captivate, i love it! use xscope 6 on it, very fast, tho it occasionally crashes. cant wait for the infuse 4g or the HTC inspire 4g. Not sure if i want the atrix yet, hopefully the price wont be too much...

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #113 of 423
Im thinking of getting either a smartphone or a tablet. I think i may get a tablet insted of a smartphone because it is cheaper in the long term. I was looking at a newer HTC eris, but i want the HTC Flyer tablet:D

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #114 of 423

Nokia X3

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #116 of 423
G2 personal phone, vibrant/galaxy s work phone

Gotta love the free wired and wireless tethering right now. pretty sure it'll be taken away unless the att deal falls through

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #117 of 423
I have been a phone geek from the very moment I got my first phone almost 12 years ago. 

Here is the list of phones I have had so far in hronological sequence: 

Alcatel OneTouch MaxDB - My first phone, bought on pre-paid, I really oved it :wink:
Sony CMD-CD1 - Exchangd the Alcatel for this one after around half a year of using Alcatel.
Sony CMD-CD5 - Was supposed to be a btter version of CD1, but was not.
Sony CMD-J5 - First phone in the world to have poliphonic ringtones. I had it for 14 months and it still is the record.
Panasonic GD96 - Was supposed to replace J5, but was a total failure.
Siemens ME45 - A great phone that had good battery life and a lot of resistance to dropping.
Sony Ericsson T68i - My first phone with a colour screen (256 colours:wink: ) and a camera that was an accessory that was attached to the bottom of the phone. Took pretty good photos.
Sagem X6 - Funny phone with exchangeable covers that cost around 1 Euro each.
Siemens CX65 - The phone that revolutionized everything by starting the large screen frenzy.
Motorola A925 - A total brick that was feature-rich for that time though.
Motorola E398 - bought it and sold it within a few days.
Motorola MPx200 - Best clamshell ever. Built quality was superb and anyone who saw the phone asked about it.
Sagem X6-2 - Nothing special.
Samsung D600E - My first phone that had EDGE technology instead of GPRS only. The only phone I ever lost.
Alcatel OT715 - a replacement for my stolen D600E,
Sony Ericsson W810 - A nice walkman phone with flash meu themes.
Sony Ericsson M600i - My second try with UIQ - not enough processing power.
BlackBerry Pearl 8100 - My only shot at BlackBerry. They were trying to promote this phone as a multimedia device, but it was far from that.
Sony Ericsson W880 - Small and nicely built phone.
Nokia N95-2 - My only Nokia I ever tried. Did not like the way Symbian operates.
Sony Ericsson P1i - A great UIQ3 phone with a really nice half-QWERTY keyboard.
XDA Ignito - Underpowered WM 6.0 device.
Sony Ericsson W880 - Still use this as a secondary phone for travelling.
Sony Ericsson X1 - This phone got me hooked up with QWERTY keyboards that I still like having.
Motorola Milestone - My first Android device and I do not think I will be changing it to another OS any time soon.
Motorola Milestone 2 - My current device. I am just waiting for Atrix to be released in Europe to get one and replace this one.

26 phones in 11 years and 10 months - on average I never owned a phone for longer than half a year :wink:, there were some I only owned for a few day though.

May 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #119 of 423

Quote:
I have been a phone geek from the very moment I got my first phone almost 12 years ago. 

Here is the list of phones I have had so far in hronological sequence: 

Alcatel OneTouch MaxDB - My first phone, bought on pre-paid, I really oved it :wink:
Sony CMD-CD1 - Exchangd the Alcatel for this one after around half a year of using Alcatel.
Sony CMD-CD5 - Was supposed to be a btter version of CD1, but was not.
Sony CMD-J5 - First phone in the world to have poliphonic ringtones. I had it for 14 months and it still is the record.
Panasonic GD96 - Was supposed to replace J5, but was a total failure.
Siemens ME45 - A great phone that had good battery life and a lot of resistance to dropping.
Sony Ericsson T68i - My first phone with a colour screen (256 colours:wink: ) and a camera that was an accessory that was attached to the bottom of the phone. Took pretty good photos.
Sagem X6 - Funny phone with exchangeable covers that cost around 1 Euro each.
Siemens CX65 - The phone that revolutionized everything by starting the large screen frenzy.
Motorola A925 - A total brick that was feature-rich for that time though.
Motorola E398 - bought it and sold it within a few days.
Motorola MPx200 - Best clamshell ever. Built quality was superb and anyone who saw the phone asked about it.
Sagem X6-2 - Nothing special.
Samsung D600E - My first phone that had EDGE technology instead of GPRS only. The only phone I ever lost.
Alcatel OT715 - a replacement for my stolen D600E,
Sony Ericsson W810 - A nice walkman phone with flash meu themes.
Sony Ericsson M600i - My second try with UIQ - not enough processing power.
BlackBerry Pearl 8100 - My only shot at BlackBerry. They were trying to promote this phone as a multimedia device, but it was far from that.
Sony Ericsson W880 - Small and nicely built phone.
Nokia N95-2 - My only Nokia I ever tried. Did not like the way Symbian operates.
Sony Ericsson P1i - A great UIQ3 phone with a really nice half-QWERTY keyboard.
XDA Ignito - Underpowered WM 6.0 device.
Sony Ericsson W880 - Still use this as a secondary phone for travelling.
Sony Ericsson X1 - This phone got me hooked up with QWERTY keyboards that I still like having.
Motorola Milestone - My first Android device and I do not think I will be changing it to another OS any time soon.
Motorola Milestone 2 - My current device. I am just waiting for Atrix to be released in Europe to get one and replace this one.

26 phones in 11 years and 10 months - on average I never owned a phone for longer than half a year :wink:, there were some I only owned for a few day though.

I see but one HTC phone :[

Sensation as your next perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back