Phone Fi
Mar 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #391 of 423
Quote:
I've had my Nexus 4 for just over 5 months too, but it was only $350 and I should be able to get most of that back if I sell it :)

S4 seems like just an incremental upgrade over the S3 though, are there some new features I'm missing?

Nah, in terms of software features the S4 will have little to offer over the S3 as the S3 will be getting a few feature updates with the new 4.2 upgrade coming out soon. The S4 will be good in terms of it's full HD screen and 13MP camera, oh and also the 2GB of RAM and 2600mah battery.

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #392 of 423
Quote:
Nah, in terms of software features the S4 will have little to offer over the S3 as the S3 will be getting a few feature updates with the new 4.2 upgrade coming out soon. The S4 will be good in terms of it's full HD screen and 13MP camera, oh and also the 2GB of RAM and 2600mah battery.

So not a huge leap, but enough to be tempting I see :p I'll be waiting for some real world user experience before I make my mind up - but it does sound nice

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #393 of 423
Quote:
So not a huge leap, but enough to be tempting I see :p I'll be waiting for some real world user experience before I make my mind up - but it does sound nice

Yeah, it is a bit tempting. I think nowadays companies will have to be a bit more innovative with software features as the phones are powerful enough as it is. This is where I think Samsung are ahead. Before I bought the S3 I thought 'SmartStay' was just a gimmick but it works perfectly and now I couldn't live without it. So, I think the new eye-tracking features and gestures will be a worthy enhancement.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #394 of 423
Quote:
Yeah, it is a bit tempting. I think nowadays companies will have to be a bit more innovative with software features as the phones are powerful enough as it is. This is where I think Samsung are ahead. Before I bought the S3 I thought 'SmartStay' was just a gimmick but it works perfectly and now I couldn't live without it. So, I think the new eye-tracking features and gestures will be a worthy enhancement.

I'd have to agree, I'd like to see more software side tweaks for battery life, tools like Samsung's multi-window and more streamlining of the Android ecosystem rather than more power at this point

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #395 of 423
Hey everyone
Im looking for a dumbphone or something thats no android with good battery life and a way to take notes or read txt files and of coarse can take up to 128gb SD card full of music, MP3 I guess although FLAC would be nice.
Anyone know whats a good idea in 2018 ? even older phones.

May 4, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #396 of 423
I am at a point in life where I want more quality time, and less electronics.
I have no Facebook or social media, nor do I want it, but I do love Youtube, to a point where sometimes it is a distraction...
I would like this to be my next phone : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/light-phone-2-design/x/18431082#/
I don't think my provider supports it... I will have to see... (2019 is still far...)
Has anyone had experience with the light phone 1?
Any comments?

May 30, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #397 of 423
this thread is so dead lol

May 30, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #399 of 423
May 30, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #400 of 423
A new thread might have been more relevant.

I'm using a Alcatel Idol 4 VR which is a cheap phone, but has surprisingly good audio for the price and 4 stereo speakers. I'm more a quality LowFI kinda guy though. The phone is a bit old now.

How ever it has too much bloat installed.

Next time I'll go back to Nokia or Motorola for stock Android on a budget. I hope the SQ isn't too compromised.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #404 of 423
HTC 10 rooted with lineageOS, all the rest of my family are apple lovers.

I tried the Samsung s8 but returned it cause I didn't like the audio. Screens are great though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back