Phonak's Upcoming Multi-Armature Earphone or the Future Sonics Atrio MG7. Please help me choose?
Dec 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
I have a dilemma and can only purchase one. The upcoming Phonak Audeo multi-armature PFE thats being released in Spring 2011 or Future Sonics Atrio with the new dynamic driver MG7?

I have the Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass Earphone & love the clarity, bass & great fit. I'm assuming and i could be wrong that a double armature earphone by Phonak will be better....thats where i need your expertise because according to Future Sonics motto more does not equate to better and thats where the Future Sonics Atrio MG7 come in?

What would you do if you were in my situation?

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 7
The new MG7 is reportedly not that much of an improvement from the MG6 from what I've read.

It's also too early to say whether the PFE will be to your liking as the sound may change a lot from the old PFE. The release date is also still in the air, so it might get postponed. 

It's not really whether it iem has 2 or 3 drivers or whether it has 1 powerful one. It's about what you're looking for in an iem in terms of sonic characteristics and usability. 

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't think you would like the Futuresonic. I think you want a quicker phone and not that big a bass amount. The Futuresonic are a step slow in the bass(regardless of quality) and I doubt there will be any improvement in fit or clarity from what you have now. 

Based on what you have had in the past, not sure why the interest in the Atrio. If you want that signature get a refurb IE8 which is cheaper and still better sounding than the new Atrio and has a replaceable cable as well.

Not sure when the new Phonak will actually arrive but I'll bet large amounts of $$$ that it will outclass the MG7.

Besides, FS are kind of BS artists. Talking about multi-driver, crossover and armature free design as if those are bad things. If you are somewhat in the know they sound kind of silly. Quite a few multi-armature earphones with crossovers that totally outclass the Atrio. Quite a few dynamics that beat the Atrio as well. 

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 7
I'd say it's too early to know how good the Phonak are. It's something that is unknown with an unknown release date and price. It may sound better than the earphones you have now or it may be something different. It's way too early to be able to know until you actually get closer to whenever they are releasing their newest model. By spring of 2011 there will be a lot new earphones to consider.

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I don't think you would like the Futuresonic. I think you want a quicker phone and not that big a bass amount. The Futuresonic are a step slow in the bass(regardless of quality) and I doubt there will be any improvement in fit or clarity from what you have now. 

Based on what you have had in the past, not sure why the interest in the Atrio. If you want that signature get a refurb IE8 which is cheaper and still better sounding than the new Atrio and has a replaceable cable as well.

Not sure when the new Phonak will actually arrive but I'll bet large amounts of $$$ that it will outclass the MG7.

Besides, FS are kind of BS artists. Talking about multi-driver, crossover and armature free design as if those are bad things. If you are somewhat in the know they sound kind of silly. Quite a few multi-armature earphones with crossovers that totally outclass the Atrio. Quite a few dynamics that beat the Atrio as well. 

Agreed, nice to see you still rocking with the Phonaks, but as a upgrade what are you expecting? What are you in search for Mr. Giant Thread Starter. 

popcorn.gif

Dec 4, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank You All for your replies. It's really helping me make a decision.

Quote:
 Agreed, nice to see you still rocking with the Phonaks, but as a upgrade what are you expecting? What are you in search for Mr. Giant Thread Starter.  

L3000.gif
I am after better clarity, precision, resolution  & bass (quality & quantity wise) than what my current Phonaks offers me.

Also one main reason I chose the Phonaks Perfect Fit Earphone in the first place is because of their comfort. They are small, light & extremely comfortable to wear. I am looking for the same in next earphone that i purchase. It's by far the most comfortable iem i've ever worn.

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #7 of 7
If that's what you are after the Atrios is nowhere close to what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back