Phonak PFE vs. Monster Turbines
Mar 10, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #61 of 64
Different people, different tastes. That's how everything is going on here. We cannot argue so much on how one likes to perceive sound with their own ears. The important thing is that we are happy with what we have. I guess the PFE, Turbine, IE8, Westone 3 and the rest of the most discussed IEMs are very good in their own way. It just boils down to personal preference and taste. Btw, I just had a very beautiful experience last night. We all talk here about music with our IEM but last night I tried watching a movie from my PC (Quantum of Solace) and "WOW" the sound that came from my PFE just stunned me with amazement. It just seemed that I was inside a real movie theater. The car crash, gunshots, musical score, character conversations, and lots of minor details in the movie came to life and for me, time just stopped until I took off the phones from my ears. What an experience it was.
darthsmile.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #62 of 64
exactly: different people will prefer different music or drinks or eats. case in point is me who prefers a more level mids as opposed to bass or treble but this seems to be in low quantity at headfi.org.

however you enjoy your music is the best way to enjoy of course.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #63 of 64
x100 to the above two posts. Spot on.

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #64 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrazmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Different people, different tastes. That's how everything is going on here. We cannot argue so much on how one likes to perceive sound with their own ears. The important thing is that we are happy with what we have. I guess the PFE, Turbine, IE8, Westone 3 and the rest of the most discussed IEMs are very good in their own way. It just boils down to personal preference and taste. Btw, I just had a very beautiful experience last night. We all talk here about music with our IEM but last night I tried watching a movie from my PC (Quantum of Solace) and "WOW" the sound that came from my PFE just stunned me with amazement. It just seemed that I was inside a real movie theater. The car crash, gunshots, musical score, character conversations, and lots of minor details in the movie came to life and for me, time just stopped until I took off the phones from my ears. What an experience it was.
darthsmile.gif

Know what you mean about the PFE experience. Just glad I have the PFEs, W3s, IE8s and the Turbines, covers all the bases when it comes to my multiple personality disorder. And I like them all, in different ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back