Phonak PFE or brainwavz B2? Both paired with E11
Jul 27, 2011 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

planx

Might be Ironman, or some fat kid.
This is not for myself. I can get a good deal for my gf and she enjoys music a lot so i was thinking of getting her an upgrade from her JVC i dont even care what it is. She runs frequently and the sort of music she enjoys consists of Dubstep, house, country, rock, soul, k pop, c pop, and some mainstream pop. She likes bass in a song because apparently it helps with running. Any suggestions for which IEM i should get? B2 or PFE. Amped with E11 and fiio L6 apple line-out..

I think the PFE's are superb IEMs and i especially enjoy the sound and comfort. The B2 i haven't tried yet... Heard great responses from both, but i only tried the PFE so it's difficult.. Both same price btw.

Thanks for the responses in advance!

Jul 27, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 7
For her tastes, I'd say the PFE is the better choice.

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 7
I've never tried brainwavz, but the PFE 122's are not bad with D&B. I do listen to a bit of that n dubstep (never used them amped as my Fiio is stuck behind the radiator lol). To myself i find the bass reasonable. Very clear (And im just wearing them in), using the grey filter tips.
They give a good representation of the bass, but prefer my Sennheiser IE7's if you're a nutcase of a  bass head. All that said, i would wholeheartedly recommend them. PFE's seem well built too. nice thick cable, superb fit (esp with comply tips included). PFE's for me (Though i cant directly compare)

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 7
Neither choice is good for a person who likes real sounding bass. Try a dynamic driver iem instead. Two excellent choices in that price range are the Monster Turbine Pro Gold and the Future Sonics Atrio. She'll be very happy with her music with either of those two.

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Neither choice is good for a person who likes real sounding bass. Try a dynamic driver iem instead. Two excellent choices in that price range are the Monster Turbine Pro Gold and the Future Sonics Atrio. She'll be very happy with her music with either of those two.

+1
MTPG might be the way to go.
However, beware of fakes online 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back