Phonak Perfect Bass 012 vs Klipsch Image S4 vs Monster Turbine (vanilla)
Aug 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

txsoccer

New Head-Fier
Hey all,
I'm kind of new to the headphone scene and am looking to find an iem to pair up with my ATH ES7 (which I bought thanks to this site 
smile_phones.gif
 ) and have finally narrowed it down to the above iems. I really like the sound of the ES7s though desire a bit more bass so I figure that these are the closest bet. I listen to mainly hip hop and R&B but also like alternative music, usually with strong female vocals (a fine frenzy, priscilla ahn, etc.) so if you have listened to any of the above iems, could you please drop an opinion or two?

and given the other posts this is probably a hopeless request, but try to keep it within these three? no "BUYS THE HIPPO VBs THEYZ THE BEST" please, unless of course theres something blatantly obvious that I seem to have missed :)

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, since you mentioned the VBs: just to affirm your decision, I would only recommend those if you were looking for a "bass monster," but I didn't pick that up from your post.  Carry on then.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 5
Ha thanks. I have a nice subwoofer that I enjoy, so who knows, I might eventually try out some vbs but I just hate reading threads that keep changing subject.

"I also used to own the Klipsch S4 earphones and from what I remember, I think that the perfect bass earphone has a clearer/better midrange, deeper but a little bit smaller amount of bass, and much better highs." I found this on another thread. Is that pretty accurate, and if that's the case Turbines or Phonak?

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 5
I may have arrived too late: but I own both the Monster Turbine Pros and the Klipsch S4s.  I do not own the Phonak 012, although I am interested in hearing them.

Between the Turbines and the S4s, I'd go with the S4's all day: Let me explain:

The Turbines are huge and heavy.  They feel like they should produce head pounding bass.  The bass in these are good, but I have compared them for at least 6 months now and the S4's just blow them out of the water; better sound stage, better bass (seriously), more comfortable wearing for a long time (the Turbines make my ear canals hurt after awhile). 

S4's are the best headphones I've ever hurt, and I'm a Bass enthusiast. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back