Phonak Audeo?
Feb 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #1,291 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i tried, and i don't like them

they seem to be designed to guide the wire to go down the front, so if you like the wires there, the ear guides probably would work find, but i prefer to have the wires go down from my back.

Yeah, I can see where that would make wearing the guides a problem. And yes, I do wear them down the front, so it does help keeping them in my ears.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #1,292 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I can see where that would make wearing the guides a problem. And yes, I do wear them down the front, so it does help keeping them in my ears.

they don't fall off my ears anyway, so i'm not bothered :p

still enjoying and absolutely loving these in-ear's

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #1,293 of 2,281
I think what makes the silicon ear guides really worth using is that the cable will be exposed to less sweat, oils, etc. and hopefully last longer.

Ordering in a couple hours. Didn't get to it last night, I was too tired. I also ordered three new CDs (one Andy McKee and two Antoine Dufour) so I can enjoy these even more.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #1,294 of 2,281
These are without a doubt the most comfortable IEMs I have worn. They just seem to lock into place, resting gently in the external meatus and on the tragus. No pulling on the helix with the other arm to straighten the canal while inserting. You almost completely forget they are there. The cable is fine for me but I carry in my inside coat or shirt pocket, rarely in my low riding jeans pockets. For those thinking of using the microphone version mine hangs just below my mandible with the cable behind my ears. You cannot do that with the HF2 as the length of cable from the IEM to microphone is too short and it sits right below your ear. I will update after more listening. Currently playing Chris Isaak's, "Heart Shaped World" Blue Spanish Sky. Horns in The Commitments Soundtrack are awesome. I like these very much. May not get much done today. LOL.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #1,295 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they don't fall off my ears anyway, so i'm not bothered :p

still enjoying and absolutely loving these in-ear's

Well it only really helps my left ear, which apparently can't get a good seal 100% of the time, which isn't the PFEs fault, more like my ear is messed.
redface.gif

I love them too, more and more every day.

EDIT: i_dont_know, which Andy Mckee CD did you order? His new one?

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #1,296 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting for the "out of stock" quote on Head-Direct to go away... let's hope their electronics wizard starts building the MBE+ again soon.

Hope you'll be able to get it before too long. I'd be interested in what you think about the combo too.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #1,297 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: i_dont_know, which Andy Mckee CD did you order? His new one?

I ordered Art Of Motion after previewing clips of all the songs on each of his CDs on Amazon. It was a close call between that one and his new one. I'll probably be getting the new one next.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #1,298 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...This is with the Shure (M) Olives. The Olives also snap onto the nozzles of the PFEs quite securely...unlike the included Silicon tips.

What exactly are these Shure Olives? Which Shure IEM do they regularly belong to? I can get Shure replacement foamies in my hometown, just need to know the type.

I'm quite satisfied with the sound of my black PFE 112 with grey filters. I have to decrease the (upper) bass (particularly at 220 Hz) by 3 dB, though, otherwise the sound is too warm and too soft. I have no use for the black filters. Compared to my modified ER-4P, the bass is still a bit softer and less tight, although fuller. Midrange and treble are smoother and more refined. So I'm quite satisfied with the sound. It matches non-precussive and classical music best, whereas the ER-4P shines with percussive music and generally sounds a bit more defined. (So it's defined vs. refined.) -- DAP used: iAudio 7 (direct).

I still have some troubles with keeping a tight fit, especially in the left ear, that's why I'm searching for better (larger?) foamies.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #1,299 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(So it's defined vs. refined)

That's a good way to put it.

Be careful on the tips. You might have to dig them out of your ears. I think a mod is in order to somehow get non Phopak tips to stay on the stem.

While the stock tips work well, I think there might be better options for isolation and fit.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #1,300 of 2,281
Quote:

What exactly are these Shure Olives? Which Shure IEM do they regularly belong to? I can get Shure replacement foamies in my hometown, just need to know the type.

I'm quite satisfied with the sound of my black PFE 112 with grey filters. I have to decrease the (upper) bass (particularly at 220 Hz) by 3 dB, though, otherwise the sound is too warm and too soft. I have no use for the black filters. Compared to my modified ER-4P, the bass is still a bit softer and less tight, although fuller. Midrange and treble are smoother and more refined. So I'm quite satisfied with the sound. It matches non-precussive and classical music best, whereas the ER-4P shines with percussive music and generally sounds a bit more defined. (So it's defined vs. refined.) -- DAP used: iAudio 7 (direct).

I still have some troubles with keeping a tight fit, especially in the left ear, that's why I'm searching for better (larger?) foamies.

Here's a place to get the Shure olives, and they will not come off the stem once you get them on. The sizes are deceiving, as the medium may work best (the larges may be too large). But that will be up to your specific ear size and needs. I use the smalls with my PFEs. You have to angle and twist these onto the PFE sound tube, but they will go on without modding (stretching the tube inside the foamie).

This is the best place I found for cost (12.95 for 5 pair). Not sure about overseas shipping rates. Just cliclk this link. Oh, and if you have no use for the black filters, you can send them to me via slow boat.

Search

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #1,301 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a place to get the Shure olives, and they will not come off the stem once you get them on. The sizes are deceiving, as the medium may work best (the larges may be too large). But that will be up to your specific ear size and needs. I use the smalls with my PFEs. You have to angle and twist these onto the PFE sound tube, but they will go on without modding (stretching the tube inside the foamie).

This is the best place I found for cost (12.95 for 5 pair). Not sure about overseas shipping rates. Just cliclk this link. Oh, and if you have no use for the black filters, you can send them to me via slow boat.

Search

Your link doesn't show any mention of «Olives», so I still don't know which Shure IEM they originally belong to. As said, I just need to know the type, I can get them in my hometown.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #1,302 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered Art Of Motion after previewing clips of all the songs on each of his CDs on Amazon. It was a close call between that one and his new one. I'll probably be getting the new one next.

In my opinion, Art of Motion is a lot better than the newer one, Gates of whatever, or something like that haha. The new one seems a lot more...slow, or, boring...I don't know, that might be just me, but Art of Motion is amazing.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #1,303 of 2,281
Quote:

Your link doesn't show any mention of «Olives», so I still don't know which Shure IEM they originally belong to. As said, I just need to know the type, I can get them in my hometown.

"Olives" is just a Head-FI nickname for the black, non-porous Shure foamies. No store uses that description (although it would be useful). The SE530 come by default with these Olives, and they also fit the E3c-E5c, AFAIK. Shure * - Black Foam Sleeves

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,304 of 2,281
Quote:

Here they are - Search Results - Page 1 - U.K. International Cyberstore

Germany based store, will ship to you no problem (and quickly too, from my experience)

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #1,305 of 2,281
Thanks for the help! So black foamies it is. -- PA 910?

How about these?

They're labelled EABKF110(S/M/L), though, but fit the mentioned IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back