Phonak Audeo to close down?
Feb 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 152

CaptainRedBeard

New Head-Fier
I've just been on Phonak Audeo's webite and got a little pop-up, stating that their online shop is closing at the end of March and that Phonak will cease to make earphones, so they can concentrate on the main business. (Hearing aids)

If that's the case, then it may be a good idea to stock up on filters. :frowning2:

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 152
Quote:
I've just been on Phonak Audeo's webite and got a little pop-up, stating that their online shop is closing at the end of March and that Phonak will cease to make earphones, so they can concentrate on the main business. (Hearing aids)

If that's the case, then it may be a good idea to stock up on filters. :frowning2:

Just saw it too - What?!
eek.gif

Closing of www.audeoworld.com webshop
Dear friends of Audéo PFE
Four years ago Phonak, as a manufacturer of hearing solutions, ventured into developing, producing and distributing the In-Ear Audéo Perfect Fit Earphones. With success, as the numerous awards and the positive press coverage about the excellent sound quality and wearing comfort prove.
However, the decision has recently been taken to terminate production and international distribution of Audéo PFE and to solely concentrate on the Phonak core business with our innovative hearing solutions.
Therefore, we sadly have to inform you that our webshop will be closed on 31 March 2013.
For warranty and other information please continue to contact the Audéo PFE team at: operations.audeoworld@phonak.com.
Many thanks for your understanding.
The Audéo PFE team

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #3 of 152
Looks to be the case :frowning2: now I really have to decide what I want to do with the 232 I have in a sealed box. That's sad news.

Well, they aren't closing down but discontinuing their iem line. Maybe someone should contact earphone solutions or soundearphones and see if they will be discontinuing the tips and filters as well.

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 152
Well they do or should I say did make quality IEM's but I guess it wasn't profitable enough now.  I could see other companies folding with the way the world economy has just gone down hill and people aren't spending like they used to.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #10 of 152
Wow, this blows. I've never owned any Audeo product, but I always thought their product is of superb quality, build-wise and sound-wise. They most definitely succeeded in transferring their expertise in hearing aids into IEMs.

I guess they just didn't do that well in sales :p

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #12 of 152
Well I for one hope the 232 finally comes down in price.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #15 of 152
Quote:
Wouldn't it be the opposite?--Since the stock for 232 will be dwindling, the rarity increases and people are willing to pay more money for it.

BUT I still hope the price will come down after all.

I could see it happening the way you described if the 232 had a signature that no other top tier approached, but there are so many other top tier IEMs that compete with it, so potential buyer have tons of other options. And I haven't seen the TF10's price increase although UE quit making it. Anything is possible, but I somehow doubt it since this IEM isn't a great demand now and the company seems to be folding its earphone business for lack of profitability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back