Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Oct 26, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #2,178 of 3,305
"I just ordered the perfect bass, I've got some grey filters left here. Cant wait till it arrive, it will probally kicks my IE-8's ass."

absolute bull... i like the fanboy posts. Please keep the appreciation thread to a neutral level without flaming other iems.

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #2,180 of 3,305
Yeah i rather despise people that flame two completely different iems both price range and sq.
I'm sorry but im not a fanboy because i haven't got my ie8's yet.

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2,181 of 3,305
rolleyes.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2,182 of 3,305

Quote:
I just ordered the perfect bass, I've got some grey filters left here. Cant wait till it arrive, it will probally kicks my IE-8's ass.

Your impressions will be looked forward to, and if they kick the IE8's to the curb, then it is what it is.

popcorn.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #2,184 of 3,305
Quote:
Yeah i rather despise people that flame two completely different iems both price range and sq.
I'm sorry but im not a fanboy because i haven't got my ie8's yet.

I heard IE8 before and have the PFE Perfect Bass now, and no, they are not really 'completely different' - Both have bass oriented sound signature and relatively similar level of sound quality. Mierenneuker's opinion isn't unfounded.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #2,185 of 3,305

Quote:
I just ordered the perfect bass, I've got some grey filters left here. Cant wait till it arrive, it will probally kicks my IE-8's ass.

I think that a large part of what people consider to be superior sound can often be attributed to differences in presentation between dynamics and armatures, and one's own preference.

A good armature will be more detailed than a dynamic of the same level. It's just faster. And it's more revealing. For people who enjoy focusing on all the (micro)details, this is clearly the better route. And if you happen to also enjoy a warmer presentation, the PFE perfect bass is likely a great choice.

Dynamics, largely thanks to their "slowness", tend to have better decay. They usually have a more cohesive presentation, and (especially versus a single BA) more dynamic range. And of course they usually have a more realistic kick in the low end. People who listen to dynamics will often be willing to sacrifice some of those tiny details for what is likely a more natural presentation.

Now, the above are clearly generalities, and there are IEMs which don't fit into such nice compartments. But on the whole, I think it's accurate. That's why I often find it difficult to compare dynamic and balanced armature IEMs. It is just a completely different style of sound, and no matter how good a certain earphone may be, it won't please someone looking for the other style of presentation.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #2,187 of 3,305

Quote:
"I just ordered the perfect bass, I've got some grey filters left here. Cant wait till it arrive, it will probally kicks my IE-8's ass."

absolute bull... i like the fanboy posts. Please keep the appreciation thread to a neutral level without flaming other iems.

Flaming?
I've had two pairs PFE in the past, both of the first batch with the problems, I quite liked the sound of the grey filters, the treble was just amazing. I'm missing the treble with the IE-8 I own (see my signature). So I ordered the Perfect bass because of the lower price tag and I've got some filters left here.
The lack of treble with my IE-8 isn't pleasing me.
Hope that clarifies it

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #2,188 of 3,305
What do you mean i have it? I just said I haven't received the ie8s yet. Just because I put it in my signature doesn't mean I already tried it out?
Additionally, an iem cannot "kick another iem's ass" literally and figuratively. Like JxK said, there's no real comparison between the Ie8 and pb.

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #2,189 of 3,305
?
Everyone has his personal taste, the IE-8 served me well but now I think it sounds boring and I'm missing things. Why you can't compare them? They're both earphones. price difference is not very big, IE-8 is just 30-40 euros more expensive here. And why I haven't heard earphones I've put in my signature? I'm not going to buy something and just not listen to it, that's just stupid.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #2,190 of 3,305
I think the whole argument is stretching a little thin and becoming more or less pointless. let stops dragging on it and moves to another topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back