Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Feb 24, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #331 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the sparkly highs and effortless mids, and the bass sounds nice to me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Meant to tell you, I am going to see Andy McKee in a cozy club (The Tin Angel) 3 blocks from my house on March 8. Front row seats. Sorry to divert the thread. Back to the PFEs.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #332 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meant to tell you, I am going to see Andy McKee in a cozy club (The Tin Angel) 3 blocks from my house on March 8. Front row seats. Sorry to divert the thread. Back to the PFEs.

Nice. The Phonak are nice with acoustic guitar, and I have loads of acoustic music. I remember when he first started posting youtube videos and downloaded a copy, then bought his first album. I hear he has a new one that isn't as exciting. Now I want that Korean kid, jwcfree on youtube to start making CD's

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #333 of 3,305
Yeah, looking forward to it. An old Leo Kottke fan, from way back in my college days. John McLaughlin too (more acoustic than the fusion version). Also, pick up some Larry Coryell, though he is more jazz (but the man can play).

We digress.

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #334 of 3,305
I just received my large Comply foamies from Phonak and they definitely improve the seal. The isolation is nearly as good as the Ety with the P Comply tips and the SQ is improved as well. Drums sound awesome. Very well balanced IEMs but a little short on sparkle compared to the Ety 4s. Extremely comfortable for hours of listening pleasure. I note none of the "sharp edges" mentioned by others. The silicon wire guides are an awesome concept and for those desiring to have the wire go down their back, why not trim the silicon guide before it angles forward behind the ear?

Feb 24, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #335 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my large Comply foamies from Phonak and they definitely improve the seal. The isolation is nearly as good as the Ety with the P Comply tips and the SQ is improved as well. Drums sound awesome. Very well balanced IEMs but a little short on sparkle compared to the Ety 4s. Extremely comfortable for hours of listening pleasure. I note none of the "sharp edges" mentioned by others. The silicon wire guides are an awesome concept and for those desiring to have the wire go down their back, why not trim the silicon guide before it angles forward behind the ear?

That would be too easy.

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #336 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Philly + Andy McKee = epic win.

I love Philly. I love Andy McKee. You will be going to one of my dream shows. Have fun!

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #337 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is were Head-Fi becomes crack and I become a addict.

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #340 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who woulda thought trying different tips would become addicting eh?
wink.gif

icon10.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #341 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. The Phonak are nice with acoustic guitar, and I have loads of acoustic music. I remember when he first started posting youtube videos and downloaded a copy, then bought his first album. I hear he has a new one that isn't as exciting. Now I want that Korean kid, jwcfree on youtube to start making CD's

Agreed Phonaks are excellent with acoustic music.....Andy Mckee rocks that kid.....there's like a couple songs but...Andy Mckee....need I say more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back