Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Apr 18, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #2,851 of 3,305
Does anyone know what this is? I didn't think there was a circuit in there, what is it for? DO i need to include it if I'm replacing the cable? I see the pfe recabled ones on here and they didn't include it, or is it included in the 3.5mm jack?

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #2,852 of 3,305
  Does anyone know what this is? I didn't think there was a circuit in there, what is it for? DO i need to include it if I'm replacing the cable? I see the pfe recabled ones on here and they didn't include it, or is it included in the 3.5mm jack?

It might just be a way for them to more securely connect the split wires together. Not sure. Can't see the board enough in this photo. Can you take that apart more?

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #2,854 of 3,305

Just look like a tidy way to split it

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #2,856 of 3,305
Earphone solutions has the pfe122 for free when you spend 200. I picked up the 132 and the 122 (full edition) for 229 with free shipping. The full edition will provide the extra set of grey filters and 2 sets of black filters as well as the case and ear glides I believe. Win win, I'll give the 122's to my wife for use with her galaxy s5.

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #2,857 of 3,305
Earphone solutions has the pfe122 for free when you spend 200. I picked up the 132 and the 122 (full edition) for 229 with free shipping. The full edition will provide the extra set of grey filters and 2 sets of black filters as well as the case and ear glides I believe. Win win, I'll give the 122's to my wife for use with her galaxy s5.

Wonder how long this will last, apparently it's been there since at least Feb 2014 (http://www.fatwallet.com/Earphone-Solutions-coupons/spend-200-and-get-audeo-pfe-122-for-free/810424-1/) 

May 4, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #2,859 of 3,305

Any reason you went with the 132 instead of two 122's? From what I can tell they sound exactly the same and use the same drivers but the controls on the 132 are a bit different and the 132 is more expensive (what gives?)

edit: nvm, I see the 200$ requirement doesn't take discounts into account
edit2: ended up buying 132 and 122 (flight edition, I'm guessing they are running out)

ps: I was able to fix my old pfe's but the solder pads on one of the drivers got ripped and is very fragile, my guess is it wouldn't last too much longer anyways. Now at least I'll have spare parts  in case my other pfe's break 

May 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #2,862 of 3,305
  You need to spend at least 200 to get the 122 free, that's why.....

It's probably rare now that Audeo do not exist and make them anymore.  I feel that it's pricing was a steel in regards to what pricing level the SQ were on these.  When it comes to details and FR, it beats out competitions in it's level, and should be up in a higher pricing level based on SQ.  There isn't the warm bass for perception of wide sound stage, but that depends on if you prefer that or not.

May 15, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #2,863 of 3,305
It's a sad and happy day today. I'm selling my pfe set:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/719021/audeo-phonak-pfe112-and-pfe012-combo

If anyone is interest. I have quite a history with re-buying these earphones. hahaha. But I think this is the last time. I'm moving on. My set is loved gently and has extras.

May 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #2,864 of 3,305

I'm in the u.s. and have been looking for some spare grey filters.  I haven't found any.  earphonesolutions and audeoworld have been out for a long time.  Your best bet would honestly probably be to sell your pfe and buy a set with grey filters. :p  Or hope they show up on ebay or something...

Hi guys. I'm using my PFE's for a few years already, wasn't aware of the availability problems, but here what i do when my grey filters are not working anymore: i take them out and put in small transparent plastic or glass jar which i can close, poor some vaxol or similar ear wax removal solution, enough to cover the filters, keep them there for an hour or so, then poor some warm water, close the jar, shake good but gentle, take the filters out and leave them to dry on the piece of clean cloth or napkin...Re-install the filter, and enjoy my PFE's again)

Hope this can be helpful.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back