Phonak Audeo PFE 232 Impressions.
May 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #31 of 50
Hello pals, im really very much interested in buying the Phonak Audeo PFE 232 and i was wondering how could i possibly buy it as there are no distributors in the UAE. I have contacted their office in Switzerland and I was given an online store called Sonus Mobile in Poland. As the earphone is a bit expensive, I just wanted to make sure that i would not be buying from online scammers. Would you please let me know where could i buy the earphones? Im not saying that the Sonus Mobile online store is scammer, but  I just wanna make sure that I will not waste my money.. Please advise where to buy the Audeo PFE 232. At this time, Im still living in the UAE and im really very eager to buy such an earphone for myself. Thanks pals. Hope to hear from you.

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #32 of 50
Basketball

Got yuor reply thru PM. Cant send you another PM as ive reached my allocated limit.. Didnt know we've got limited replies in a day.. Anyway, I got it at GBP399.99 and im willing to sell it at the same price. What do you say.

Perrier

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #33 of 50
Thank you for your review.

Just a small note:

The Phonak Audéo PFE 232s are the newest flagship earphone for the Swedish hearing aid company.

Switzerland=Swiss
Sweden=Swedish

Yes Phonak is from Switzerland. Phonak is Swiss.

Don't worry, i am used to explaint it from vacation :wink:

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #34 of 50
+1...seems like a lot of people make this error...also UPS that some time ago shiped a parcel in sweeden...while I live in switzerland...

Nice to see other swiss head-fiers...

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #35 of 50
old thread but i'm debating between the blacks and the grays... both have their merits. the blacks seem smoother with a less edgy treble, the grays have the great extension and clarity... hm.... a nice predicament to have though...

below i've decided to upload my first impression on the pfe012s.

hope you guys enjoy it!

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #36 of 50
old thread but i'm debating between the blacks and the grays... both have their merits. the blacks seem smoother with a less edgy treble, the grays have the great extension and clarity... hm.... a nice predicament to have though...

below i've decided to upload my first impression on the pfe012s.

hope you guys enjoy it!

Definitely the grey filter with Comply T130....a perfect match for me.

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #37 of 50
Definitely the grey filter with Comply T130....a perfect match for me.

I'm actually using the them with the t100s, can't find any t130s up here north of the border.

I actually went to try to get them from an authorized reseller and he told me that "theres no such thing as the 130s.... comply only makes the smallest (nozzle size) at 100s". and looked at me like I was crazy or something.

anyways I haven't had a chance to try them with those t100s and the blacks/ or the greens

but I did find that with the comply t100s the "distortion" I think I was hearing in the midrange, was mostly gone.

I'm not even sure if it is distortion, the graphs on the innerfidelity I recall way back when on the audeos seem to indicate that (as well as rin choi).

I'm not sure! any pfe owners care to chime in?

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #38 of 50

I'm actually using the them with the t100s, can't find any t130s up here north of the border.

I actually went to try to get them from an authorized reseller and he told me that "theres no such thing as the 130s.... comply only makes the smallest (nozzle size) at 100s". and looked at me like I was crazy or something.

anyways I haven't had a chance to try them with those t100s and the blacks/ or the greens

but I did find that with the comply t100s the "distortion" I think I was hearing in the midrange, was mostly gone.

I'm not even sure if it is distortion, the graphs on the innerfidelity I recall way back when on the audeos seem to indicate that (as well as rin choi).

I'm not sure! any pfe owners care to chime in?

Here's the link to the Comply T130 tips (http://www.complyfoam.com/products/T-130/). I bought them directly from Comply and apparently the T130 tips are specially manufactured for Phonak Audeo PFE series. Don't know if that's true though. But anyway, just want to point out that if you want to use the Comply T130 tips then make sure you get hold of the grey filters. They pair very very well. Both the black and green filters just don't pair so well with the Comply T130 tips.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #39 of 50
Recently I bought PFE 232 based on reviews on various websites and headfi.org.
I am using with iBasso DX 90.
My listening experience was entirely different from What I was read.
a) Bass is not upto the mark for IEM reference (Changed from grey filter to green filter - bass was improved)
b) Treble was so bright that sometimes I couldn't hear anymore.

Plz let me know Is there anything I have to do to improve sound quality?

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #41 of 50
awesome, looking forward to reading more of your experience in CES. 

LOL

Recently I bought PFE 232 based on reviews on various websites and headfi.org.
I am using with iBasso DX 90.
My listening experience was entirely different from What I was read.
a) Bass is not upto the mark for IEM reference (Changed from grey filter to green filter - bass was improved)
b) Treble was so bright that sometimes I couldn't hear anymore.

Plz let me know Is there anything I have to do to improve sound quality?

I think you could be sensitive to treble levels and insensitive to bass.

232's treble is enhanced but it is not really piercing to the point of no return as is the experience of me and friends that have heard or have the 232.

Also, the bass of the 232 in relative to reference iems like the DN2000J,ER4 is pretty responsive and powerful. And that is on the grey filters.

Alternatives could be to get a bassy cable, use foam tips, or just get another iem that has lesser treble and better bass response.

Also, are you on high gain? Treble usually gets more emphasised when high gain is on.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #43 of 50
thanks for your quick reply.
one of the reason i found was improper seating of ear buds due to which poor isolation was created.
With usage of foam tips perfect isolation was formed and still I didnt get satisfactory performance.
Were any one heard the combination of iBasso DX 90 and Audeo PFE 232?

with my Sony XBA-A3 it was good sound quality, details and sound stage which I can hear extended hours.

Suggestions are welcome for fine tuning of PFE 232 usage with DX-90.

I was using DX-90 on low gain mode.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #44 of 50
Suggestion is to get your brain "burned in" with the 232 sound for a few weeks. Sometimes that can make some iems sound underwhelming.

If that still doesn't work, maybe the 232s aren't really the iem you're looking for?

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #45 of 50
I have a set of the new Cardas A8 iems for trade if anybody is interested - I'd quite like to try the PFE232s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back