Phoenix Spring Jam - Saturday April 23rd
Apr 10, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #91 of 120

Quote:
Hey all!!! Looking forward to the meet! And a chance to meet everyone.
Just had to share this, talking to friend and noticed a set of headphones in her car. I inquired about them and she found them at a yard sale for a couple dollars. I checked them out and they looked really old! I thought 70's. Did some research and found them in the Koss museum online. Looks like they are Koss model #SP3 first issued in 1959 and discontinued in 1963.
Here is a link, they are at the bottom of the page:
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/kmuseum?openform&50s^Products
And my friend is being kind enough to let me bring them to the meet. 

PEACE

Mark M

Wow that's super cool. Really neat find. I'm assuming they don't sound very good? :wink:

We're getting close to finishing up a project here at TI in Tucson. I'll be going home to Florida for a few days after that. I can't wait to see my kids and wife. :wink: I'm hoping I'll be back in time for the meet. I don't have my own ride out here yet, will have a rental if need be. Is anybody going to the meet that lives in Tucson? It might be nice to go up to Phoenix with someone. Just a thought. I'll know more about if I'll be able to make it or not later in the week.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #92 of 120
I don't expect the occupancy rate to be very high on the 23rd but just in case the resort has agreed to reserve parking space for our meet. I could not get a firm commitment on the number of spaces or the location. For those who have lots-o-stuff I suggest using the area in front of the northern entrance as a loading/unloading zone. We'll have a cart to use.

These areas are marked on the map shown in post #1.

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #94 of 120
Just post your gear changes here in the thread and Balderon will update the first post to reflect your gear changes.

Quote:
Hey so I'm excited about this.  How do I update my gear list?  I've done a bit of selling and trading since this was first posted.

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #95 of 120
I think I'll be bringing my desktop as a digital source for the cube, unless someone else has a computer with digital out (coax/bnc/opt) that would be cool with me setting up my Cube on their table.

I also traded my Clip+ for a V2 Fuze and I'll go ahead and bring my iPod Classic (6G) as well. Hopefully my Grados will get here by Wednesday, they were out getting a driver fixed by bilavideo. If not, I won't have any headphones to bring, just the two DAPs, the Cube and the Mini^3.

I'm really excited about this, this is my first meetup and it'll be my first time hearing a lot of the top of the line reference-quality headphones out there. Excuse any noobishness haha, it's fading fast!

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #96 of 120
Oh and if anyone could possibly bring a small 3.5 to 3.5 interconnect, that would be awesome. I misplaced mine right now (haven't made a LOD for my Fuze yet, or wrote a patch for Rockbox to enable it.)

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #97 of 120
I always carry a very small 3.5 to 3.5 in my Pro 900 case, so you can use that one if you wish.  It is small though, maybe 4 inches long, if that.

Apr 19, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #98 of 120
I always carry a very small 3.5 to 3.5 in my Pro 900 case, so you can use that one if you wish.  It is small though, maybe 4 inches long, if that.

That's perfect, it just has to go from the Fuze to the Mini^3. Thank you!

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #99 of 120
In case you're a big cable kind of guy, I should disclose that the 3.5 to 3.5 cable I have is very thin and came with my Ibasso D4, so it isn't a high quality cable.  Hopefully that isn't an issue.  It is quite thin/flimsy/cheap.

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #100 of 120

Quote:
In case you're a big cable kind of guy, I should disclose that the 3.5 to 3.5 cable I have is very thin and came with my Ibasso D4, so it isn't a high quality cable.  Hopefully that isn't an issue.  It is quite thin/flimsy/cheap.

Nah, it'll work just fine, it's just a Fuze to a Mini^3, the cable is maybe 3% at most of the sound right there. If I find mine I'll bring it, but nice to know I'll be able to setup shop without it. Thanks again! Pretty excited to hear your M-Stage, I'll be bring the Matrix Cube with me and for the price and functionality, I love it.

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #102 of 120
MikeLA,

Are you still planning on attending and bringing your Dac8, Leben, and T1? I would be pretty excited to check out any of one these let alone all three. :)

Dave

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #103 of 120
+1 on all of those, especially the Leben. I've wanted to hear the Leben+LCD2 combo since I read Skylab's ridiculous praise for it. This will be my first time hearing anything even close to this caliber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back