Phoenix Spring Jam - Saturday April 23rd
Mar 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #61 of 120
Honestly, this interested me before, but not after hearing of the fee. It's just not worth the $25 IMO. 

For $25, I get 3 day LAN party's and this doesn't quite match that level of excitement.

/my 2 cents

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #62 of 120
The second bi-annual Arizona CanJam is on for April 23 at the Chaparral Suites Resort in Scottsdale. Check the first post for detailed instructions.

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #63 of 120

Quote:
Honestly, this interested me before, but not after hearing of the fee. It's just not worth the $25 IMO. 

For $25, I get 3 day LAN party's and this doesn't quite match that level of excitement.

/my 2 cents

I think $25 is DEFINETLY worth it.   I'll spend the $25 just to hear Balderons gear.  I hope he brings it all!  

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #64 of 120
I could buy twenty-three 99 cent value items at McDonalds. That doesn't make hotels any less expensive. It's not like anyone is trying to make a profit here. My two cents. :p

Edit: I apologize for being a smart a$$ :xf_eek:

Quote:

/my 2 cents

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #65 of 120
I decided to put my Nuforce HDP up for sale and will likely be picking up the new Audio-gd NFB 10. It's a fully balanced DAC and fully balanced headphone amp combo in one for a little under a $1k. It's based off their Roc amplifier and Dac19 features I believe. I sure hope its worth it because I LOVED my HDP. I should have it within a week or two and will plan on bringing it to the meet.

Anyone have any thoughts as to if the WM or ES version would be better? I'll drop a link below if feels wants to take a look for me and offer an opinion.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB10XLR/NFB10WMEN.htm

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #66 of 120
I'm a newbie as far as cans go so I don't have any equipment to contribute.   All my high end experience is in 2 speaker rigs with Krell amplification and Theta DAC kind of thing.   My favorite speakers are Martin Logan CLS II's.  I'm hoping to find cans that sound like those speakers if thats possible.   

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #67 of 120
Quote:
I decided to put my Nuforce HDP up for sale and will likely be picking up the new Audio-gd NFB 10. It's a fully balanced DAC and fully balanced headphone amp combo in one for a little under a $1k. It's based off their Roc amplifier and Dac19 features I believe. I sure hope its worth it because I LOVED my HDP. I should have it within a week or two and will plan on bringing it to the meet.

Dave, are you planning to purchase the NFB 10 before the meet (nudge... nudge!)?  My HD-800's are balanced with 4 pin XLR.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #69 of 120
Jeff, thanks for the pm.  The last one was fun. I wish I could come to this one, but I will be out of town.
thanks
Bud

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #70 of 120
I just ordered the NFB-10WM tonight. It should arrive in about a week and half - in plenty of time for the meet :).

Would anyone be willing to help me reterminate my Jena Labs cable from single ended to XLR for my new setup when it arrives? I would really appreciate it. I don't want to do ANYTHING myself yet since I have zero experience on the DIY end.
Quote:
Dave, are you planning to purchase the NFB 10 before the meet (nudge... nudge!)?  My HD-800's are balanced with 4 pin XLR.
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #71 of 120
Quote:
I just ordered the NFB-10WM tonight. It should arrive in about a week and half - in plenty of time for the meet :).
Would anyone be willing to help me reterminate my Jena Labs cable from single ended to XLR for my new setup when it arrives? I would really appreciate it. I don't want to do ANYTHING myself yet since I have zero experience on the DIY end.

Nice! I'll look forward to checking it out.

YGPM

Mar 21, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #72 of 120
April 23rd is looking good and I expect to attend the meet. I should receive my new setup - the Audio-gd NFB 10 this week in plenty of time to burn in for the meet. Thanks for all of the offers to help with my cable. I should be able to get it balanced before the meet as well. Looking forward to it.

Dave

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #73 of 120
Crap, really wanted to make this one.... but once again school had other plans. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back