Phoenix Spring Jam - Saturday April 23rd
Jan 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 120

balderon

1000+ Head-Fier
Come and meet your fellow Arizona Head-Fi members on Saturday April 23rd from 10am to 6pm! If you are attending, please post a message and let us know any gear your bringing. I have reserved one table per person for your gear. Please let me know ASAP if you'll need an additional table. The resort has agreed to provide power and an outlet strip at each table. You should bring your own outlet strip if you require more than 6 outlets. For our convenience we have the use of a 4 wheel cart to help transport our gear.

Water is provided but if you get hungry or thirsty for something else, the "4th Floor Grille" is a short distance from the room. It is okay to purchase the food or beverage at the restaurant "to go" and carry back. A soft drink vending machine (eek $2 / 20oz soda) is a short distance from the ball room.

Please be considerate of everyone's equipment. Separate tables will be setup for the food and beverage away from the listening areas in an effort to reduce the risk of damage to anybody's gear. Please refrain from placing any drinks or food next to gear you don't own. Headphones and perspiration are not a pleasant mix. Please take advantage of the tissues strategically placed on each table. Several bottles of antiseptic hand cleaner will be available for use.

For those who've never attended a meet before, please take a few moments and review SiBurning's "Tips for Newbies" at the bottom of this Web page: Head-Fi Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21, 2009

I have established a PayPal account AzCanJam@photopics.com to collect donations to help offset expenses. Although not mandatory, I would appreciate any contributions. When you send payment please include your Head-Fi username in the comment box. Thank you!

​
Chaparral Suites Resort
 ​
5001 N. Scottsdale Road (Corner of Scottsdale / Chaparral Road)
 ​
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
 ​
480-949-1414
 ​
http://www.chaparralsuites.com
 ​
View Google Map
Cost:
Donations are appreciated, but not required.

The resort has agreed to reserve parking space for our meet but I could not get a firm commitment on the number of spaces or the location. The likely areas are marked on the map. I suggest keeping a keen eye as the reserved parking is based upon the available space early Saturday morning. The areas may be in a different location than outlined on the map.

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 120
Attendees and gear:

Special guest Craig Uthus, founder of Eddie Current.
  1. new 2A3 Amplifier
  2. balanced LCD1’s

1 - ßÅ£ÐËRÖÑ
  1. Foobar2000 » Pico DAC (USB - 44.1hkz/16) » Bijou
  2. Foobar2000 » Musiland Monitor 02 (ASIO 192khz/32) » Cullen IV PS Audio DLIII » Woo Audio WA6 (maxxed)
  3. Sennheiser HD-800 (w/Cardas balanced 'Fat-Pipe' cable) Φ Denon D-7000 (J$ V3 pads) Φ Audez'e LCD-1

2 - jesusio
  1. iBasso Boa D2+ Φ Bellari HA540 Φ Bellari VP530 (if anyone wants to try it, let me know and I'll bring it)
  2. Sennheiser HD-650 Φ Grado RS1i Φ Alessandro MS2i Φ Sony PFR-V1 Φ Ultrasone Pro 650

3 - Uncle Erik
  1. Selections from profile.

4 - Train (tentative)

5 - Jibbie
  1. Ultrasone Pro 900
  2. Ibasso D4 Mamba Φ Matrix M Stage

6 - Jmstrmbn (tentative)
  1. Nuforce HDP.
  2. Earsonics Sm2 Φ Sennheiser HD-555

7 - Kstaken
  1. Beyerdynamic DT-990 (600Ω) Φ Beyerdynamic DT-880 (250Ω) Φ Grado SR-225i Φ
    HiFiMAN HE-5LE Φ AKG K701 Φ Denon Markl D-5000 Φ Audez'e LCD-2

8 - Sid-Fi
  1. Acer laptop » Foobar2000 (WASAPI) » Audio-gd NFB-10WM
  2. Nuforce Udac2
  3. Sennheiser IE8 Φ Sennheiser HD-650 (w/DIY Jenna Labs cable)
  4. Onkyo ND-S1 iPod dock (w/digital outs)
  5. iPod 7g classic

9 - EYEdROP
  1. Macbook Pro + External Hard Drive
  2. SM Pro Q-AMP 4 channel headphone amp
  3. Behringer FCA202 Firewire D/A converter
  4. Beyerdynamic DT48E 25Ω Φ Grado SR125 Φ Alessandro MS1 Φ Realistic Custom Pro (vintage Koss K/6 copy)
  5. Bose In Ear Φ V-Moda Spin IEMs
  6. 120Ω 1/8 to 1/4 adapter

10 - Gorgatron
  1. Fiio E7 Φ Fiio E9 Φ Cowon J3 (if anyone wants)
  2. Audio-Technica AD700 Φ Audio-Technica M50 Φ AKG K701

11 - fzsrv
  1. Selections from profile.

12 - Scytus
  1. Little Dot DAC_II.

13 - funch
  1. Bijou
  2. SOHA II
  3. EHHA Rev. A MOSFET version (I don't have one yet, but will be building one soon)
  4. Sony 555ES mod'ed CD player
  5. Sennheiser HD-600 (w/diy Cardas cable) Φ D-7000 (w/diy markl damping mod's and J$ pads)
  6. DIYmod 5G

14 - Garage1217
  1. Modified bravo V2 / caps / bias / crosstalk / mosfets = very nice little budget tube amp
  2. Sennheiser HD-650 Φ Sennheiser PXC-350
  3. Zune 30gb

15 - WarriorAnt

16 - jamess71 (tentative)
  1. Portable rig Φ Denon D-2000

16 - MikeLa
  1. Audio Research DAC8
  2. Leben CS600
  3. Stax SRM-007tii
  4. Audeze LCD-2 Φ Beyerdynamic T1 Φ Stax SR-507

17 - Unchain
  1. Matrix Cube DAC/AMP
  2. modded Grado SR-80i
  3. Mini3
  4. Sansa Clip+

18 - zachcox
  1. Beyerdynamic DT770 (250Ω)

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 120

Glad to see this being put together, I voted for the 19th as I will be on spring break, but I can probably make it any of the other times. I would just have to plan around academics schedules that I don't know about right now.

Thanks for taking charge again 
o2smile.gif

Dave

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 120
Gah, of course I would go and screw up already. Ah well...

My vote goes for everything but the 12th and 19th of March (I did accidentally put a vote in for the 12th). That will be my spring break, during which time I will be travelling. Any other time is probably good, at least at this point. Hopefully school won't wind up getting in the way.

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 120
This is gonna be awesome. I voted march 5 (asap), but any and everyday is fine. Last meet was very fun and I hope this one is even bigger/better. Thank you for setting all this up again balderon.

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #7 of 120
I await the results of the poll.
smile.gif
Really wanted to attend last year's fall meet but the timing just didn't work out. Pretty sure I'll have no excuse this time. If the weather is good enough, I might even drive instead of flying!

2/14 edit: I'm out, most likely won't be able to make it now.

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 120
I also look forward to attending, particularly because I missed the last meet.  I'll be gone the 14th through the 19th, but other than that I'll be available.  As long as there isn't class during the time of the meet, and even then, depending on the class, I might skip it anyways 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #9 of 120
Picked March 5th/12th, which should be near or on break. Wanted to go to the last one but med school finals kinda screwed me.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #11 of 120
Where is this located? This will be my first meet if I go.

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 120
I would definitely like to attend, but would only be able to do so on March 5 or April 16/23 (March 5th best option for me). Hopefully one of those days will work out. It's great to see some interest from members that couldn't make the last event, especially from outside the area. Thanks for considering traveling to make it Asr, that's awesome to see.

I've recently added a couple of really well regarded beginner/economical cans in Audio Technica ATH-M50s and Sennheiser HD 598 as well as a Nuforce Udac2. These should be especially nice for the new members in the area to check out as starting setups. 

@ Jeff and Allen, looking forward to spending a little more time with your Bijous this go around :).

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #13 of 120

Quote:
I would definitely like to attend, but would only be able to do so on March 5 or April 16/23 (March 5th best option for me). Hopefully one of those days will work out. It's great to see some interest from members that couldn't make the last event, especially from outside the area. Thanks for considering traveling to make it Asr, that's awesome to see.

I've recently added a couple of really well regarded beginner/economical cans in Audio Technica ATH-M50s and Sennheiser HD 598 as well as a Nuforce Udac2. These should be especially nice for the new members in the area to check out as starting setups. 

@ Jeff and Allen, looking forward to spending a little more time with your Bijous this go around :).

Anyone know where it is in Phoenix? Also I'm hoping someone would bring the AKG K702, K701, BT 880/990, HD600/650

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #14 of 120
Quote:
Quote:

Anyone know where it is in Phoenix? Also I'm hoping someone would bring the AKG K702, K701, BT 880/990, HD600/650

I am considering a Scottsdale resort. The venue for our last meet was nice and very accommodating but the room was on the third floor and was more difficult to access than I prefer. I have not started shopping around and I hope to have the time later in this month to start looking for a venue. Of course, if anyone would like to help scout for a location I would appreciate the help.

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #15 of 120
It's just an interest check at this point so there is no finalized date or location as of now. I have Sennheiser HD 650 and would be happy to bring them if the meet ends up falling on one of the days I can attend. We had a couple of K701s at the last meet, so I would imagine it likely there would be one next time.

By the way, about the question in your signature about amp/dac recommendations for $300...I would look hard at the new Nuforce HD that just came out for $349. I have the Nuforce HDP which was $449 and its a phenomenal value IMO. The new cheaper version only loses the preamp function and other things I don't use. It still comes with the full dac and powerful headphone amplifier and 24/96 usb input. The Nuforce Udac2 and Audio GD sparrow are also very popular for less money.

Quote:
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back