Philly meet Jan 29th 2017 Impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #76 of 83
Even pad swaps on the same cans can be an interesting topic. There are a bunch of little things I'd love to experiment with, in a much more controlled environment. I know I'm not alone, and we spoke of different things to try. Amp comparisons with the same DAC and headphones. Tube rolling, power supplies, etc. Way too complicated for a large meet, but easier on a more regular basis. Food for thought.

I even feel a little bad not bringing my gear to the last meet, but my puny setup would be more useful at a smaller meet. And I'd be curious to try the pad swapping between my Denons and the different Fostex TH-X00 cans. It'd be easier to spot differences without all the extra noise of so many people.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #77 of 83
Am I the only one who's jonesing for another local get together?

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #78 of 83
Am I the only one who's jonesing for another local get together?

Nope, would love another Philly meet! Wish I had a space. I'm still trying to find something.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #79 of 83
I can rent a local (to me at  least (Havertown)) church hall for $75. I'm happy to eat that and setup a meet. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #80 of 83
I can rent a local (to me at  least (Havertown)) church hall for $75. I'm happy to eat that and setup a meet. 

I'd throw you money. Maybe take collections from people. Maybe setup a new thread for a meet. Havertown is nice and close!

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #81 of 83
I'd throw you money. Maybe take collections from people. Maybe setup a new thread for a meet. Havertown is nice and close!

I'll setup a thread but will check with Lee first to see if he wants to do a low key version..

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #82 of 83
I can look around Fishtown and Northern Liberties.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #83 of 83
Alright. I have a space. In Philly, close to unlimited, free parking, and it's a bar. It's the Mifflin Tavern, which has a second story unused on Saturday mornings/afternoons. I'm starting a thread for this event. April 1st, a Saturday, will be the first meeting. See you in the new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back