Philly area Meet Jan 28th 2018 Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #48 of 55
Yup, me too!

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #49 of 55
Oct 9, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #50 of 55
OK, question: Assuming that there is another one of these meets in this area, does anyone have any portable hi-res DAPs that could be demoed? I'm somewhat aggravated by the fact that my MacBook Pro feeding 32-bit, 192kHz audio to my DAC/amp sounds WORSE than my lowly iRiver H120 outputting only 16/44 via toslink. It's certain that I'm not getting the most out of this DAC/amp, and I'm keen to see what more modern sources could provide. Preferably the more modest equipment rather than $1000+ DAPs, of course. :p

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #51 of 55
OK, question: Assuming that there is another one of these meets in this area, does anyone have any portable hi-res DAPs that could be demoed? I'm somewhat aggravated by the fact that my MacBook Pro feeding 32-bit, 192kHz audio to my DAC/amp sounds WORSE than my lowly iRiver H120 outputting only 16/44 via toslink. It's certain that I'm not getting the most out of this DAC/amp, and I'm keen to see what more modern sources could provide. Preferably the more modest equipment rather than $1000+ DAPs, of course. :p
I will definitely go if this is held again. I can bring my DAPs. It’s a DX200. I can also bring my Pioneer XDP-100R. Very underrated IMO.

Oct 10, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #52 of 55

Me too, I've got a HM901 [still] and I might have an A&K Kaan depending on when this is held, but I also have a more modest Shanling M3s/M2s and Geek Out v2+ as well that you may want to hear!

Oct 10, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #53 of 55
Me too, I've got a HM901 [still] and I might have an A&K Kaan depending on when this is held, but I also have a more modest Shanling M3s/M2s and Geek Out v2+ as well that you may want to hear!
Yeah, those would be interesting, especially if you have Toslink, electrical SPDIF, or mini USB (not micro) cables that could be fed into the iBasso D14. Being able to compare the devices' own analog outputs as well as how they feed an external DAC is an interesting comparison, and especially interesting if somehow the lowly iRiver can still sound better with lower-res output. :D

Oct 11, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #54 of 55
I usually try to get to this. I have a Pioneer XDP-300r, a Pono (discontinued, but if you find one usually good price now), also a iBasso DX90.
I can bring these (remind us around this time). Usually also use a CEntrance Hifi-M8 as a source, generally with my old iPad 3 connected with a Pure I-20 iPad dock, optical into the M8, streaming Tidal.
In the past have connected to an external amp, a MicroZOTL2, and a Liquid Carbon, not sure how I'll manage that part of the gear (pain to drag all that, not that much interest in some of it the last meet, and ths ZOTL had some issues likely due to dragging it around).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back