Philly area Meet Jan 28th 2018 Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #16 of 55
I think the headphones you're referring to are not the Telefunkens that @talan7 had, which sounded very good for $100-ish headphones - well that's at least what he bought them at. They go for $300 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/TELEFUNKEN-E...7248582&sr=8-4&keywords=telefunken+headphones

The headphones pictured are the Avantone Pro MP1s. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MixPhones They weren't my cup of tea. They were OK, but didn't seem to have any bass at all. They sort of reminded me of Sony 7506s.

Yes, I brought the Telefunken Aqusta. They are one of my favorite phones. They go for over $300 online but if you check Touch of Modern, they go on sale periodically for around $105. At that price they are a steal.

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 55
@gandhisfist That was my setup, I wish I had a chance to do some tube rolling, I had some 1940's tubes, RCAs. Telefunkens, and some Japanese ones, at some point I had a line of folks wanted to listen to the setup, what I had was just a taste, didn't get to play the balanced setup.

The prototypes you handed me were spot on, they need just a bit more twinkling, I would like to spend a good hour listening to them , you are on to something really amazing.,

I was so busy didn't have a chance to listen to other folks setups. want to make it to NY and NC.

Lee thanks for setting this again, let 's talk about photography :)

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #20 of 55
@gandhisfist That was my setup, I wish I had a chance to do some tube rolling, I had some 1940's tubes, RCAs. Telefunkens, and some Japanese ones, at some point I had a line of folks wanted to listen to the setup, what I had was just a taste, didn't get to play the balanced setup.

The prototypes you handed me were spot on, they need just a bit more twinkling, I would like to spend a good hour listening to them , you are on to something really amazing.,

I was so busy didn't have a chance to listen to other folks setups. want to make it to NY and NC.

Lee thanks for setting this again, let 's talk about photography :)

Your Feliks Audio sounded amazing even with the tubes you had in there! Certainly one of my favorites.

An that's very cool! I never knew Senn had that model! It's even named after a Famous city in my State.

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #21 of 55
The Feliks Elise was also a highlight for me in the Amp department. Would have loved to have paired it with the ZMF or Sennheiser headphones floating around. Another headphone I was impressed with was the Aeon Flow closed, which offered amazing comfort and great isolation. Thanks to everyone involved for bringing their gear in.

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #22 of 55
The Feliks Elise was also a highlight for me in the Amp department. Would have loved to have paired it with the ZMF or Sennheiser headphones floating around. Another headphone I was impressed with was the Aeon Flow closed, which offered amazing comfort and great isolation. Thanks to everyone involved for bringing their gear in.

awww you should have seen @mondrax face listening to the ZMF Eikon from it! It was certainly impressive! I'm super glad I didn't have any of my own music on his AK240! Don't think I could have gone home and enjoyed any of it after hearing it from that set up lol!

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #23 of 55
Had lots of fun. Great to see everybody.
Loved hearing the incredibly high priced spread (Stax and associated uber electronics).
Also great to get to hear the Susvara in relatively quiet and unpressured environment, and compare to the HEK v2 (yes, it's better, but not enough to make me feel bad about the latter).
And, great shot of my best side (back of my head...) :smile_phones:

Thanks again, Lee!

Jan 31, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #25 of 55
Which Stax headphone sounded the "best" at the event? 009, 007, L700 , expecting various opinions...

Jan 31, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #26 of 55
I've never been too impressed with Stax though I've only ever heard them at meets which aren't super quite. That said, this meet was my second time hearing the 009 and my first time enjoying it! So I think @HeadAmpTeam's Amp was the difference

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #27 of 55
Forgive my double posting, some one at the meet was looking for a good portable. Named Started with a B! I hope that you liked the Oppo PM3 if so there is one that went up for sale today for $300, looks to be in great condition too, I'm also working on editing my pics so I'll upload them here shortly with my impressions

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #29 of 55
Yes, I brought the Telefunken Aqusta. They are one of my favorite phones. They go for over $300 online but if you check Touch of Modern, they go on sale periodically for around $105. At that price they are a steal.

@talan7
Thank you for this heads up on Aqusta. I was watching them on ebay & amazon since they emerged, but 300 was too hi for me to jump.

Watched T o M site last 4 days and they came up today for 125 + 15 SH, totals $140 today & jumped on them. Site says they ship quickly from SanFran, CA or maybe other warehouses.

They 1st caught my attention as reminiscent of vintage classic Sennheiser HD-1000 Charleston model, #1000 made for Senn anniversary; others here said same.

It's possible Fischer Audio of Russia may be making these Telefunken (per ToM site add), and they make some great sounding, very well built finely crafted headphones.

The Aqusta are quite striking looking too, as others said here. Was not at the meet to hear them, but reading this thread is fun.

Thanks again for the heads up ! :beerchug:

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #30 of 55
Another great meet Lee!!
It was good to see everyone again.

The Wa-33 was impressive w/ the HE-1000 V2 & HD800 S. A shocker to me were the Ether Flow and Ether Flow C on my amp and the Rag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back