PHILIPS X1,A HEADPHONE LIKE ATC LOUDSPEAKER, HI DEFINITION,HI DENSITY!
Jul 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ATHFANe

New Head-Fier
I have own Philips SHP9000, L1, Recently, I got X1.

X1 is a unique HP. I think, somebody will like its sound, and somebody unlike. X1 sounds like ATC loudspeaker. It is good at showing music with high dense . I feel the music full of energy, high stability (will not be shinny),warm, thick. Like a mature man,not young or woman. X1 can tell me all details clearly. The sound will not be vague and weak, it show strong and powerful music.

Like ATC loudspeaker, X1’s high frequency will be dark .They both will not bring you luxury, noble high frequency. If you like MBL, Focal Utopia loudspeaker,  you will not like X1, But if you like ATC, B&W N800series(not 800S 800Dseries) then You will love X1.Compare with SHP9000, X1 is more clear. It can show you real texture of instrument.

I love enjoy classic music with X1, it bring a whole orchestra to me, I feel every detail so magnificent, clear and powerful. I think the most difficult style to show is classic music, because in classic music everything you hear is real, not like electric music , you will easily find weak point of your HP, digital device. In symphonic music, large scale play at the climax will easily let your device sound bad, X1 can easily handle those large scale. It is a real HIFI headphone.

The bass of X1 have less quantity and higher quality than HD650.It sounds quick and tight, so it gives me  more sprit and shock. I noticed that some CD, which always sounds noisy and sharp with Japanese HP like W1000,TH900,D7100,will be rich and full when I put my X1 on.

X1 sounds natural ,Not like Adam or Elac’s cold sound, It’s warm and thick. I prefer to enjoy male voice with X1 than female voice.

I think the best style of music for X1 will be classic(orchestra) and Rock.X1 also sounds well with my Sony PSV. You can enjoy warm ,clear,powerful,natual music with your potable device.

BASE ON MY SYSTEM:MARANTZ SA7S1>>>>AUDIONET PRE1G2+EPS>>>>SUPER MOD LEHMANN
ALL MY HEADPHONES  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_40f078a90100cw8a.html

Feb 18, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 2
I have to revive this thread. WE NEED ATC TO MAKE HEADPHONES!!!!

I own SCM7 and I am blown away of the performance of the mid(soo revealing). I have also listened to the more expensive ones. The sound of snare, voice etc. is another world on ATC.

ATC should make a brand and create headphones!!!

EDIT: Saving money for SCM40

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back