philips shp 8000
Nov 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

FFab

New Head-Fier
Does someone know them? how do they sound? i'm thinking to buy them but i would like to undestand how they are. In the philips website i can read they are semi open, but from the picture they look close, am i wrong?
Add note
here i can find them for almost 80€ so maybe this could help to vale if they are good for this price.
Thanks

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 19
I'm from Poland and I'm getting them on Monday for 37,5 euro. They're much, much more expensive in western Europe and US, aren't they? Hope, they're cheaper not because they don't sound good. I can post my thoughts after getting them if you want to and try to find Polish retailer who sends international.

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 19

Quote:
I'm from Poland and I'm getting them on Monday for 37,5 euro. They're much, much more expensive in western Europe and US, aren't they? Hope, they're cheaper not because they don't sound good. I can post my thoughts after getting them if you want to and try to find Polish retailer who sends international.

Hi muzikfrrrik, shure here in italy they cost 80€, i'm very interested in your hopinion, and if u could fine some Polish retailer who can send them to Italy i will be very grateful.
Thank you

Nov 13, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 19
A Philips rep told me that these aren't slated for release in the US.

Nov 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 19
Cheapest I found was $109 US shipped.  Your 37 euros is $50 US.  Big difference. 
Let us know what you think of them.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 19
To me these cans are very slick and elegant looking. Quality of materials used is high and finish is also very good. The cable is quite thick and looks durable. In terms of comfort, they don't tight your head very much and still sit pretty firm on your head. They're not that good at isolating from outer sounds probably due to their semi-open construction. It's not like you hear everything, though. Soundwise, They're on the bassy side (for bassheads, for my liking). They play with a big smile = bass and treble is noticably boosted with mids recessed rather too much. You get the feeling everything is surrounded by low frequencies and you have to dig deep for details. Soundstage is quite wide, but I don't think it's 3D. I tried it with Classic 160GB and Sony Vaio. They might need a brighter source or an amp to show their real value or it's just their school of playing. I'll just let them burn-in.

Considering my preferences polish price could be adequate, not some 80 euro. At least not with what they have presented so far.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #11 of 19
Feb 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #13 of 19

I am very interested in these headphones that look  very well built
Has the sound changed in any way ?
Do you still get too much bass ?
For an amp you should look at amps with low output impedance (in order to get a better damping factor)
I cannot understand this thing of too much bass
Actually Philips have low price HP models quite balanced, flat
This is unfortunate because I like so much the construction of this one, very very much indeed

Thank you very much
Regards,

gino

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #15 of 19
i just ordered some- being imported

Users who are viewing this thread

Back