Philips Fidelio X3
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,486 of 1,964
At full price, I consider the X3 a solid purchase. When you get them at that kind of a discount, it's a no-brainer. Just remember to give yourself a day or two to adjust because the treble might catch you off guard.
Yes! It's just a shame that the retailer only ships to Sweden (it's Webhallen), not even to the EU or even the other nordic countries...It's not everyday a pair of open back headphones goes on 50% sale 6 months after launch :xf_eek:

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1,487 of 1,964
Yes! It's just a shame that the retailer only ships to Sweden (it's Webhallen), not even to the EU or even the other nordic countries...It's not everyday a pair of open back headphones goes on 50% sale 6 months after launch :xf_eek:

Must........ resist......so tempting :)

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #1,488 of 1,964
Amazon in the US did the same thing for a little while. I think Phillips is trying to get some serious market saturation to boost its attention.

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #1,494 of 1,964
Has very nice bass when EQ'd and driven well though... not much different from a Gold Planar GL2000 besides being smoother/less punchy...

i-9XtPFpF.jpg

Mar 11, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #1,495 of 1,964
It's probably already answered previously in the the thread but as it's getting quite long finding the answer would be hard.
Bought a pair yesterday and the only thing that bugs me is the cable; the microphonics and it's far to long.
What option are there out there? I'm looking for a single-ended cable as my amp isn't balanced. Preferably a rubber or silicone cable as those suffer least from microphonics in my experience from a vendor in Europe or from outside Europe if that vendor ships internationally.

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #1,496 of 1,964
The cable is lousy i agree. The cloth rubs against my sweater and i can feel the friction and even hear it.. the lenght is also a strange choice.

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,497 of 1,964
It's probably already answered previously in the the thread but as it's getting quite long finding the answer would be hard.
Bought a pair yesterday and the only thing that bugs me is the cable; the microphonics and it's far to long.
What option are there out there? I'm looking for a single-ended cable as my amp isn't balanced. Preferably a rubber or silicone cable as those suffer least from microphonics in my experience from a vendor in Europe or from outside Europe if that vendor ships internationally.

I'm using my X3 with a 70 cm balanced cable from Aliexpress (together with the Qudelix 5K), it didn't cost a lot. However it's not completely flawless, if I push both 3.5 mm into the headphone i'll only get sound from 1 earcup, but if I push one of the 3.5mm plugs slightly out then both sides work.

It doesn't seem to affect sound quality, I did A-B testing with the stock cable.

I bought from this seller:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...20210311054917&origin=y&SearchText=Fidelio+X3

But if you search for Fidelio X3 cable you'll get the exact same cable but under a different name.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Attachments

• PXL_20210311_134518571.jpg
    PXL_20210311_134518571.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #1,498 of 1,964

I use this aftermarket cable, but it is cloth
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J9V298Q/

Mar 20, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #1,499 of 1,964
These have got plenty of bass, perhaps everyone whos trying to comparing it to the x2's feel that they're lacking.
Comparing price and sound to the x2 feels pointless as they are a completely different product that Philips is trying to take in a different direction.
Wonder if they would have chosen a different name for these if the x2's werent as big of a success as they were.

With the massive price drops on these recently they're a solid purchase for sure although I have to agree that the cable situation is poor.
I'm curious about the Dekoni leather pads for these, mostly for comfort. If anyone has information on incoming stock, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back