Philips Fidelio X3
Apr 14, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #241 of 1,964
People buying that new piece of audio gear may actually help keep someone’s job in said audio gear company

Sure but that's only one side of the equation. People put off purchases of luxury items during times of financial uncertainty, so even if you haven't lost your job you're less likely to buy non-essential items. Combine that with people who have actually lost their job and demand for audiophile headphones is definitely taking a big hit, so it's not a great time to promote a new one. That's ignoring possible supply chain issue on the manufacturing side as well.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #242 of 1,964
People buying that new piece of audio gear may actually help keep someone’s job in said audio gear company
Sure if that's all you're worried about.

Apr 16, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #243 of 1,964
When will be available for selling?

Apr 27, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #244 of 1,964
Still no launch for these..?!

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #246 of 1,964
To all the talk of no update on the driver, it may have been a google translated article, but one of the original chinese reports on them, with pictures of all their gear, mentioned "tantalum" drivers. Tantalum is a metal, and is apparently employed in at least 1 high end speaker, based on a google search. Tantalum is specific enough that I'm doubting a mis-translation. It seems likely the driver has a metal coating or, less likely, fully metal.

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #247 of 1,964
hope so fully metal driver would just jack up the price for no reason.

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #248 of 1,964
hope so fully metal driver would just jack up the price for no reason.
I don’t know, I feel like headphones with surrounds like biocellulose drivers and the focals tend to have very good bass response. Earlier post suggest these are gonna hit around $400, so the price is probably already set.
FWIW I 99.9% excpect this to be a coated driver or a typical dynamic driver, but it hasn’t been shown yet, so I can’t say it’s NOT a solid tantalum driver. A man can dream

Apr 28, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #250 of 1,964
Have a look at philips website, they have some information on it, but non of them mention any coating. Other than it being a neodymium driver.
I realize this, the information as I said, was from an early prototype heard in China, where some tech was discussed. It’s early on in the forums, and it clearly states this info. Again, could be wrong or some mid-translation, but tantalum is oddly specific, and is in fact used to make very rigid speaker cones. I’m not certain (as I said 99.9% chance it’s coated OR A NORMAL DRIVER) but it just seems too unusual to get mentioned specifically as an accident. There’s just a lot of “I want to know about the driver” here so I shared this tidbit, despite having nothing official from Phillips

Apr 28, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #251 of 1,964
It has been mentioned it would be released somewhere in early summer this year. It's a long way as spring has started since a month ago.

May 11, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #253 of 1,964
Wondering how his "friend' got it so much earlier.

May 11, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #255 of 1,964

Users who are viewing this thread

Back