Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 31, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #14,746 of 15,268
I have Ananda and I only use headphones for music, do you think it would make sense to add an X2HR or would it be a downgrade in all respects?

I know Philips does not sell replacement pads, which aftermarket pads do you use? Do they all heavily affect the sound?
Um...go back literally one post to find the answer you seek.

Mar 31, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #14,747 of 15,268
Um...go back literally one post to find the answer you seek.
Big downgrade from the Ananda (I also own the Ananda). If you EQ the Ananda using the Oratory settings, it really improves the overall sound and improves the bass. The EQ tuning makes them much more enjoyable for all-rounder use. Then you can turn off the EQ for acoustic and vocal focused music.

Any non-stock earpads will affect the sound of any headphone. There's no aftermarket pad for the X2HR that retains the stock sound.

Mar 31, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #14,748 of 15,268
Big downgrade from the Ananda (I also own the Ananda). If you EQ the Ananda using the Oratory settings, it really improves the overall sound and improves the bass. The EQ tuning makes them much more enjoyable for all-rounder use. Then you can turn off the EQ for acoustic and vocal focused music.

Any non-stock earpads will affect the sound of any headphone. There's no aftermarket pad for the X2HR that retains the stock sound.
Not sure why you're replying to me bro. I don't have questions, i only deal in answers.

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #14,750 of 15,268
Do you guys clean the earpads by submerging them in water? Does it affect their sound signature and lifespan?
Wow i also wanted to make that question some days now,I also wanna know if there is any proper way to clean the ear pads without ruining them,mainly from the oil our hair and skin leaves off and gives that smell,also the meshpad,what should I use to clean without removing it?my first thought was rub them with a towel with alchohol

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #14,751 of 15,268
Wow i also wanted to make that question some days now,I also wanna know if there is any proper way to clean the ear pads without ruining them,mainly from the oil our hair and skin leaves off and gives that smell,also the meshpad,what should I use to clean without removing it?my first thought was rub them with a towel with alchohol
Provided you dry them well, I can't imagine an issue of using something like a light shampoo and water in a sink. Maybe even a small amount of a laundry detergent instead of a light shampoo. They're only foam and fabric.

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #14,752 of 15,268
Provided you dry them well, I can't imagine an issue of using something like a light shampoo and water in a sink. Maybe even a small amount of a laundry detergent instead of a light shampoo. They're only foam and fabric.

I get the impression that you haven't been to the Focal Clear thread much...

Apr 13, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #14,753 of 15,268
I guess it really depends on the foam inside. I hand washed a pair of Brainwavz velour, and the foam ended up much softer

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #14,754 of 15,268
I get the impression that you haven't been to the Focal Clear thread much...
I have read some of the disputes in regards to washing pads on there 😂

Personally I dislike the Focal pads. Ridiculously overpriced and not as comfortable as they should be for the price. Like the headband they're far too delicate. I can imagine them being easily ruined by some chemicals.

The X2 and X2HR pads use a cheap foam. I've taken them apart before (as in torn them to bits to replace an old pair I had). Washing won't do them much harm.

May 10, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #14,757 of 15,268
Great price @iMongui
Could you divulge which Amazon had it for such a great price? Thanks :relaxed:
Amazon Spain, it was a very quick deal that one friend told me because he was aware about it coming from the original vendor (they are friends), so well, its an Amazon deal but in fact its like a friend-to-friend deal going through amazon warranty :p

May 13, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #14,759 of 15,268
Received few hours ago, my impressions:

- Waw
- Amazing

Ok, the sound its veeeery good, really. I can't believe that they sound so good. Told that, I needed to replace the stock cable, damn, the stock one can be used to stitch a blanket for the winter haha I replaced with a shorter one that I had and I received as a gift a pair of Brainwavz velour pads, the sound with these ones are much better but in any case, the sound is amazing. One thing that confused me is the impedance, I mean, they are on 30ohms but to squeeze all the juice I need to up the volume more than if I use some other headphones with the same specs (but of course, closed, not open).

Resume, for this price its a go yes or yes of course but im very very satisfied with them :)

May 15, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #14,760 of 15,268
Received few hours ago, my impressions:

- Waw
- Amazing

Ok, the sound its veeeery good, really. I can't believe that they sound so good. Told that, I needed to replace the stock cable, damn, the stock one can be used to stitch a blanket for the winter haha I replaced with a shorter one that I had and I received as a gift a pair of Brainwavz velour pads, the sound with these ones are much better but in any case, the sound is amazing. One thing that confused me is the impedance, I mean, they are on 30ohms but to squeeze all the juice I need to up the volume more than if I use some other headphones with the same specs (but of course, closed, not open).

Resume, for this price its a go yes or yes of course but im very very satisfied with them :)
It is an amazing headphone, and I have been rocking my pair since October 2014. Seven years later I still love that ooey, gooey, warm sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back