Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 4, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #14,237 of 15,268
I'd just go with the velour or micro suede pads from Brainwavz (link below). I have the velour on mine (as you'll see from previous pics I've posted). If you attach them to the rings with strong 3m double sided tape, they're great. They're actually more comfortable than the original pads. The velour is itchy in hot weather though, so the micro suede might be better:

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/search?type=product&q=xl*
The issue with these pads is the affect on the sound quality is not measured and the fit isn't as designed. You have to tear down the old pads. There is no reason why Philip's shouldn't supply replacement pads.

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #14,238 of 15,268
The issue with these pads is the affect on the sound quality is not measured and the fit isn't as designed. You have to tear down the old pads. There is no reason why Philip's shouldn't supply replacement pads.
You're right, there's no reason. But sadly they no longer exist. They're not produced for sale separately. Having tried several different brands and styles of pads, I settled on the Brainwavz velour as they gave me what seemed to be the same sound to my ears. Compared side by side with my X2HR, as I owned both (who wouldn't buy a backup set when they only cost £99 new!).

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #14,240 of 15,268
Sorry if this has been answered before, but can those who have heard both confirm that the X2 and X2HR sound the same?

I think the X2/27 and X2HR sound slightly different almost assuredly because of the change to the pads. The X2HR has a tighter, cleaner sound to both treble and bass. Nothing major, just this side of noticeable, and it may be a difference that disappears as the pads wear in. That said, the X2HR pads are much more comfortable, making that the version to shoot for.

Sep 21, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #14,243 of 15,268
Fidelio X3 lost that "signature sound" of the X2, being way more similar to many other offers in the market ( the problem is that for the same price range, you may have better offers right now ) ... the 9600 is just over-priced ... and i love these X2HR prices :D

Sep 21, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #14,244 of 15,268
After checking SHP9600 and Fidelio X3 ... I ended up buying a Fidelio X2HR/00 at 120 EUR over Amazon :D
Fantastic deal. :beerchug:
I have been on the brink of selling them once, but then I plugged them to the Moon 230 HA-D and... wow!
I have no intention of selling them now.
I'm using them right now to listen to Universal Beings, the Makaya McCraven album. With the clarity, tightness and the great midrange of the 230, and the spaciousness and the bass and treble of the X2HR, it feels just right.

Sep 21, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #14,247 of 15,268
I have an original X2. Does anyone know how I can purchase the X2HR pads for them?

There was some discussion about this in this thread over the last few weeks. Philips doesn't seem to actually sell replacement pads for the X2HR currently, or at least they seem hard to obtain

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #14,249 of 15,268
Really lucky to get a like new pair from Amazon for $85 back in April from a third party seller. Not sure why so cheap, because the pre-owned X2HRs are $133. But they are in perfect condition, sound great paired with the ES10 cabled to the LG V30 (via an $8 USB-C).

Nicely done! I picked up mine for $92 and was thrilled at that. What's great is that they are still a killer value at $150. Get 'em while you can, people.

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #14,250 of 15,268
There was some discussion about this in this thread over the last few weeks. Philips doesn't seem to actually sell replacement pads for the X2HR currently, or at least they seem hard to obtain
They don't sell pads separately sadly, your only hope for 1st party pads is if the sell the X3 pads. They look the same as the X2HR ones from what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back