Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 11, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #12,047 of 15,268
I don't want to turn this thread into a cable discussion thread, but need some opinions on these cable:

1. V-Moda audio cable ($12)

2. This nice looking one with braided cable (LINK) ($3.5)

3. This fancy looking one with silver plated something (LINK) ($24)

4. KINDEN 3.5mm Male to Male Braided Auxiliary Stereo Audio Cable OCC Silver Plated ($12)

5. This suspiciously dirt cheap decent looking cable that might break after one month (LINK) ($0.7)

Also, is OCC or OFC necessary when buying cable, provided that I only want the connection/transmission to be as good as the default cable? And does the cable have to have strain relief, provided that it's braided and pretty thick already.

Thanks.
I got these for my X2 (red) and no sonic penalty that I can tell.. Anker 3.5mm Premium Auxiliary Audio Cable (4ft / 1.2m) AUX Cable for Headphones, iPods, iPhones, iPads, Home / Car Stereos and More (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R124LAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_lsiXybZE7E5M3

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #12,048 of 15,268
Finally got an answer back from Philips regarding the X2HR in Europe.

Thank you once again, for contacting our "Philips Customer Support". In our chat, on the 7th March 2017, You asked about the launch date of the Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 Headphones.
As I promised, I did a litle research and am able to inform You, that it will be available on the european/german market  approximately around the beginning of April. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #12,052 of 15,268

So I got around making a silver coated cable for my hp and damn the sound signature is completely different from copper, I would say its somewhat brighter and the bass feels different, dunno if its better or worse but Im liking it. Need to go back and forth to find out and ill report my findings here later on.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #12,054 of 15,268
My 5cent: for orchestra/classical/web content I really like AQ Nighthawk for those, X2 does an ok job but the NH can really seperate instrument beautifully in turn you could hear everything clearly and it has less soundstage which makes it sound alittle closer but still is a semi open headphone so its not super close as some closed back hp.

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #12,055 of 15,268
Today I was listening to a song by London Grammar called Rooting for You, which is a slow, female vocal piece.  Listening with my HD6XX it was good, then I switched to my X2 and I was getting chills from the song, it sounded so much richer.  And the rumble in the background in the last few seconds, it was just barely there with the Senn, but came through with the X2. 

Don't let anyone tell you the X2 can't perform incredibly well in the mids.  Just not true.

The song on Spotify was much better than the link I gave for Youtube by the way.

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #12,057 of 15,268
  Today I was listening to a song by London Grammar called Rooting for You, which is a slow, female vocal piece.  Listening with my HD6XX it was good, then I switched to my X2 and I was getting chills from the song, it sounded so much richer.  And the rumble in the background in the last few seconds, it was just barely there with the Senn, but came through with the X2. 

Don't let anyone tell you the X2 can't perform incredibly well with in the mids.  Just not true.

The song on Spotify was much better than the link I gave for Youtube by the way.

Do you have a Woox or a Gibson model? Still kinda on the lookout for a Woox since a lot of ppl says Gibson has a dark/boomy sound.

Mar 17, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #12,058 of 15,268
The only real downside (and it isn't much of one) to the X2 is a slightly grainy treble. It's got the right levels just maybe not as smooth as I'd like

Mar 17, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #12,059 of 15,268
  Do you have a Woox or a Gibson model? Still kinda on the lookout for a Woox since a lot of ppl says Gibson has a dark/boomy sound.

Mine is a Gibson.  I love the bass with it, but I seem to have a real preference for warm toned headphones.  Since I've never heard the Woox version, I can't confirm or deny a difference in their sound.

Wish I could afford one of the Fostex/Denon headphones, but that may not happen for a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back