Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 27, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #11,341 of 15,268
I was stalking the prices on both Amazon and ebay and in the last few weeks they climbed steadily - from £126 at one point on Amazon to something daft like £190. Then they disappeared. Ebay turned up fewer and fewer models and the last one I noticed sold for over £160.

I don't think it's just Amazon, I think something's afoot with the supply. Hopefully they're improving it for a v2.0 and not just binning it.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #11,342 of 15,268
slowly vanishing in the US, too -- Walmart now sold out after a sale, and far fewer Amazon third-party sellers

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #11,343 of 15,268
Makes me wonder if I shouldn't grab a pair in case I break/lose mine.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #11,344 of 15,268
Yup, I'm holding to my pair.

Sep 29, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #11,346 of 15,268
Ordered these on Amazon UK a week or so ago when they were £116.  Just now I've had an email to say the order has been cancelled by Amazon - they can't meet the demand and they have no way of sourcing new stock? (I got a £10 gift card as an apology).  I'd say these are at their end of manufacture? Looks like I may have to go for the SHP9500 but they are so overpriced in the UK (£106) compared to the $60 price in the US. Maybe I need to find something else for gaming now.

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #11,347 of 15,268
They've appeared on an Amazon UK Warehouse deal for £108, but I'm really really wary - I've heard very mixed things about Warehouse Deals, and the Warehouse 'seller' account on Amazon Marketplace has like 86% positive feedback -_-

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #11,348 of 15,268
For anyone that wants to purchase the X2. It's best to wait and try to get them at a store. Noisy Motel has a new batch and simply are top notch. No build issues and sound quality is awesome!!!! :). Mine are still burning in with The HTC 10 & Shozy Magic. But right out the box I was seriously impressed. I prefer them over the Oppo Pm3, ATH Msr7 and so far on par with the HD600 maybe less detail in the mids but only by a small bit.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #11,349 of 15,268
I remember having a hard time buying them new... in February or March 2015 in France.
So much hard time that I gave up and bought them secondhand because I couldn't find them easily.
I would just wait a little bit ^_^

I was wondering about getting a second pair... in the end I just bought some spare earpads (bass plus from ebay), because I'm hoping that they will last me a long time (if I take care of it, that's it).
Since they seem robust to me, I really hope they will.
We can change the cable, we can change the earpads...

I just hope I'm not blindly optimistic...
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #11,350 of 15,268
For anyone that wants to purchase the X2. It's best to wait and try to get them at a store. Noisy Motel has a new batch and simply are top notch. No build issues and sound quality is awesome!!!! :). Mine are still burning in with The HTC 10 & Shozy Magic. But right out the box I was seriously impressed. I prefer them over the Oppo Pm3, ATH Msr7 and so far on par with the HD600 maybe less detail in the mids but only by a small bit.

NoisyMotel is a bit steep in the pricing department. However, I feel that these headphones might be on a 2 year cycle based on my limited research. I found that in 2014 X1's supply dwindled as well just before releasing X2's, which was two years afteR X1's 2012 launch in November.

Here is to me hoping supply increases or X3's come out...

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #11,351 of 15,268
NoisyMotel is a bit steep in the pricing department. However, I feel that these headphones might be on a 2 year cycle based on my limited research. I found that in 2014 X1's supply dwindled as well just before releasing X2's, which was two years afteR X1's 2012 launch in November.

Here is to me hoping supply increases or X3's come out...
I thought that as well at $380 it is a fair bit but I don't know if its me but the newest batch of X2s sound a tad more balanced and expansive in the soundstage than the older batch. Comparing it to my Hd600 and X2 is seriously kicking ass. Seriously not the X2 I heard a while back. I asked Billy from noisy motel whathe thought and told me that he didn't know much info about the new X2 but I seriously hear a difference, a great good difference :). This may be a sign of an X3 being made....

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #11,352 of 15,268
I thought that as well at $380 it is a fair bit but I don't know if its me but the newest batch of X2s sound a tad more balanced and expansive in the soundstage than the older batch. Comparing it to my Hd600 and X2 is seriously kicking ass. Seriously not the X2 I heard a while back. I asked Billy from noisy motel whathe thought and told me that he didn't know much info about the new X2 but I seriously hear a difference, a great good difference :). This may be a sign of an X3 being made....

Did you a/b these two or are your impressions based on memory?

On another note I purchased the HD598(SE) that have been mentioned several times in this thread as a competitor to the X2's today so I'll see in a few days how they compare for my preference......

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #11,354 of 15,268
  Just received my X2's, on the headband (on the inside above the L) it says "WOOX". Could others report what their pairs say?

I definitely have a Gibson pair, mine also says "Woox" in that spot. Don't trust the headband, look on the bottom of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back