Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 28, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #10,126 of 15,268
Nice photo Sorensiim!

Thanks, but I can do better 
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #10,128 of 15,268
You're certainly free to return them.  It seems a bit of an over reaction, to return something in anticipation of a problem which doesn't seem to be actually happening.  I've had mine for several months now, no problem, and I treat them normally - not rough, but not with any special handling.

I have added some bison tix on the headband bolt and aluminum frame part where bolt is on screwed.
In this case I hope that the bolt/screw will not get looser because some bison tix is added at the side of the blue and alu frame. Kind of outside locktight :)

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #10,129 of 15,268
I never really liked sharing music on Head-Fi, as imo music taste is completely personal. It is like convincing someone, to try beef stake when he is a vegetarian and prefers lentil vindaloo. 
However trying lentil vindaloo at a posh restaurant might give some joy even to a meat eater. Translating this food metaphor for music and headphones: with good headphones you might find some joy in music genres even if you are not a fan.
Therefore I decided to share my first music on Head-Fi, as I find it extremely enjoyable with the X2s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ukBYcS8Qc

FLAC>Foobar2k WASAPI>Cinnamon cable>Mojo>X2s

Feb 28, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #10,130 of 15,268
  I never really liked sharing music on Head-Fi, as imo music taste is completely personal. It is like convincing someone, to try beef stake when he is a vegetarian and prefers lentil vindaloo. 
However trying lentil vindaloo at a posh restaurant might give some joy even to a meat eater. Translating this food metaphor for music and headphones: with good headphones you might find some joy in music genres even if you are not a fan.
Therefore I decided to share my first music on Head-Fi, as I find it extremely enjoyable with the X2s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ukBYcS8Qc

FLAC>Foobar2k WASAPI>Cinnamon cable>Mojo>X2s

Well that my friend was an awesome share!! You should do that more often 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #10,132 of 15,268
  Well that my friend was an awesome share!! You should do that more often 
bigsmile_face.gif

If you liked Koan, I can suggest to check out the followings: Bluetech, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Gaudium, Gramatik, Infected Mushroom, Juno Reactor, Liquid Soul, Ott, Ozric Tentacles, Shpongle, Solar Fields, Tycho, Vibrasphere, Younger Brother, etc

Also if you are into this sort of music I am always happy to hear about any new artist/band. :)

With this music you appreciate that slight bass emphasis of X2s. :)

Feb 28, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #10,133 of 15,268
I'm looking for a 100 dollar DAC/Amp for my Fidelio X2's.They sound a bit muddy and not that loud on my pc onboard, sometimes s and t-sounds sound a bit extra harsh, and mids are slightly soft, maybe a proper Dac/amp would fix it? I have looked at the DACport slim and Schiit Fulla. What would you recommend? :)

Feb 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #10,134 of 15,268
  I'm looking for a 100 dollar DAC/Amp for my Fidelio X2's.They sound a bit muddy and not that loud on my pc onboard, sometimes s and t-sounds sound a bit extra harsh, and mids are slightly soft, maybe a proper Dac/amp would fix it? I have looked at the DACport slim and Schiit Fulla. What would you recommend? :)

Any $100 DAC will improve a lot over the headphone out of your laptop.
Shiit products are good.
For $200 however you can get even better. :)
(Not to mention $600+)

I dont know many $100 DACs but my first amp was a Schiit Vali, and I really liked it that time.

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #10,135 of 15,268

Take a look at the Stoner DACs or maybe the HIFIMe Sabre DAC: http://hifimediy.com/Sabre-9018-DAC

Feb 28, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #10,139 of 15,268
I have added some bison tix on the headband bolt and aluminum frame part where bolt is on screwed.
In this case I hope that the bolt/screw will not get looser because some bison tix is added at the side of the blue and alu frame. Kind of outside locktight
smily_headphones1.gif

After painstakingly removing the left side driver and attempting to disconnect the cups from the glued plastic pivot posts, I finally gave up scraping off glue bits and just re-tightened the screws with a pair of tweezers from the outside.  Now that I'm aware of the problem, I'll just check these headband screws every once in a while and eventually put some loctite on the screws.  I've never heard of "bison tix" but I'll look into that solution as well.

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #10,140 of 15,268

Are you looking diff pads are replacements?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bass-Plus-Velvet-Replacement-Ear-Pads-Cushion-For-Philips-Fidelio-X2-Headphones-/261967950938

Oh thanks for replying. I've seen those but they seem to be same as the original pads but I'm looking for something thicker like the HM5. I just want to know if there are other options that I do not know of because currently, the velour Hm5 pads are out of stock on amazon. I do not want to buy them off mp4nation and brainwavz directly due to the LOOOOOOOONG shipping time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back