Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 22, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #8,206 of 15,268
X2 or DT 1770 Pro? for bass?

I'm curious about the DT1770 as well, but these are very different headphones,different enough that I can make a few assumptions.

Aside from being the unusual open-back with decent bass, the X2s are very easy to drive, and can be driven by a nice portable amp.

The 1770s have an output impedance of 250Ohms,so you'll need a much beefier amp to drive them properly.

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #8,207 of 15,268
  I just decided f it after my second pair came even worse than the first I'm returning both and ordered a DT 1770. Although the X2 is a great headphone and it works spectacularly as a headset with a Boompro, I still prefer my HD650s and I only need one full time open headphone. The earpads were just a good excuse to make the switch 
biggrin.gif
. I do believe at $200 they are one of the very best headphones you can get as total package and they lived up to the hype which is rare among these parts these days. 

What was wrong specifically?

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #8,208 of 15,268
  I got my V-Moda cable in today. SO much better than the stock cable. Just the right length and the fabric sheathe is very nice. Zero microphonics. No change in sound I can detect, which is good because these headphones still sound fantastic. I hope the replacement phones fix the problems and keep the sound.

yep dun even bother with other cables.

done & dusted.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #8,209 of 15,268
  X2 or DT 1770 Pro? for bass?

I imagine, their bass is very different. Not necessarily better or worse. DT 1770 is closed back studio, X2 is opened back for fun. I didn't try the Beyers, but I guess it has a tighter, more precise, better extended bass. X2's bass must be a bit bigger in quantity and not boomy, but more 'present' and meaty in comparison. And we should not forget the fact, the Beyer's cost 2.5x more than X2's. That is not really the same league.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #8,210 of 15,268
I know you guys want people to stop complaining about there bring glue holding the pads in place, but this one is slightly different. I did remove mine to take a look, without knowledge about this whole glue thing. I wanted to see if it was a normal thing. Now I can't get the pads to stay in place. I've read about 20 pages and I can't find a fix.

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #8,211 of 15,268
What was wrong specifically?

The first pair were fine except for the glued in Earpads. This second pair which came in a slightly different labeled box (import info is different but still from Gibson) has glue all around the side right metal where it meets the earpad. The metal trim is off a little too like many other people here. The left side actually has working magnets and no glue but the earpad on the left side says right side (so it came with two right sides) and does not fit in correctly because of that. Both pads are a different material to the first pair and seem stiffer, I like the first pair better. And last and most importantly these sound different to the first to me even after A&B them. The second pair seem darker, more boomy bass with more subdued treble not a huge difference but noticeable to me and I don't like it as much. Now I can understand why the complaints differ so much from the people with defective X2s cause some are way worse than others. Even with that I'd still recommend the X2 of they fit your needs (I suspect they do for most), I hope this new batch has their old level of QC at least.

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #8,212 of 15,268
The first pair were fine except for the glued in Earpads. This second pair which came in a slightly different labeled box (import info is different but still from Gibson) has glue all around the side right metal where it meets the earpad. The metal trim is off a little too like many other people here. The left side actually has working magnets and no glue but the earpad on the left side says right side (so it came with two right sides) and does not fit in correctly because of that. Both pads are a different material to the first pair and seem stiffer, I like the first pair better. And last and most importantly these sound different to the first to me even after A&B them. The second pair seem darker, more boomy bass with more subdued treble not a huge difference but noticeable to me and I don't like it as much. Now I can understand why the complaints differ so much from the people with defective X2s cause some are way worse than others. Even with that I'd still recommend the X2 of they fit your needs (I suspect they do for most), I hope this new batch has their old level of QC at least.

I must have gotten one of those.  It seems dark and boomy to me.  Also enclosed sounding like a small enclosed stage around your head where the sound is bouncing off the wall with a hall like sound making you cringe.  I thought I'd finally try them out with games but I still didn't like em.  So much so that I took them off my head and packed it back up in the box, lol.  Gonna return them.

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #8,213 of 15,268
  Was thinking about getting my friend a pair of these for his birthday. He has nothing but crappy earbuds. a) how easy are these to drive with an iPhone? (he has iPhone + Macbook Pro)  and b) how much do these leak, compared to, say, Sennheiser 558 or 600?

X2's leak less.  There's like a foam pad blocking the drivers or something.  Outside sound is muffled a bit when you have them on.  Whereas the Senns are completely open with nothing between the drivers other than the grill or a thin cloth.  Makes me wonder how it would sound if you completely opened them up.

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #8,215 of 15,268
I know you guys want people to stop complaining about there bring glue holding the pads in place, but this one is slightly different. I did remove mine to take a look, without knowledge about this whole glue thing. I wanted to see if it was a normal thing. Now I can't get the pads to stay in place. I've read about 20 pages and I can't find a fix.

Glue them :wink:

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #8,216 of 15,268

Glue them
wink.gif

I'm fine with the stock pads. 

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #8,218 of 15,268
Amazon Warehouse has used (very good) X2 for $143

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00O2Y2MZG/ref=olp_page_1?ie=UTF8&f_usedAcceptable=true&f_usedGood=true&f_usedLikeNew=true&f_usedVeryGood=true&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #8,220 of 15,268
Can you guys help me somehow? Im getting more and more frustated. I have the X2 for two weeks now. My main Problem is, i cant pinpoint enemies. I just cant pinpoint enemies, i just dont hear them. Is there anyone who has a Playstation 4 and Black Ops 3 and could test it for me? The only thjng i can hear are footstamps but they come from everywhere like no accuracy.

Maybe i need a Amp for Gaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back