Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 8, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #7,021 of 15,268

X1 is quite bassy, and much less refined than any other of the mentioned headphones. I wouldn't put X1 in the same category with the Senns., while X2 has a well earned place among them.

The X1 is much less refined thant the X2? I gotta try me some X2's one of these days!

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #7,022 of 15,268

The X1 is much less refined thant the X2? I gotta try me some X2's one of these days!

Not "much less refined" .
He's overstating the difference, as is usual on Head-fi.

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #7,023 of 15,268
Overstating the difference... All differences are relative and subjective. It might be much of a difference for me, and less for someone else. Let's say 'less refined' then, not 'much less refined' if it bothers some people. The difference is quite significant IMHO.

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #7,024 of 15,268
Amazon UK what are you doing? I was waiting for the price to drop from £250 and it just got increased to £300 haha. I've gone and made an order on the sketchiest looking website for £167 hopefully all works out 

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #7,025 of 15,268
  I notice something on X2 the headstage sound more balance than many mid- high headphones .
 I hope we soon hear about new Philips Fidelio X3 : at higher level with bigger holographic headstage and more clarity and keep the bass punchy .
I love philips X2 alot and I'm a speaker guy but X2 is so good for everything especially out of hugo .

I heard that the X4 is going to be awesome!

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #7,029 of 15,268
Just noticed I have the imperfect aluminum strip ring around the housing of the left cup -

(not my photo - this looks a bit worse than mine) Haven't been able to hear a difference but I'm not sure if that's an acoustic seal or what. Bought them 3 months ago from Amazon, so I'm not sure if I should bother with a replacement or something. It's honestly not bothering me that much as I've just found it today.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #7,030 of 15,268
  I notice something on X2 the headstage sound more balance than many mid- high headphones .
 I hope we soon hear about new Philips Fidelio X3 : at higher level with bigger holographic headstage and more clarity and keep the bass punchy .
I love philips X2 alot and I'm a speaker guy but X2 is so good for everything especially out of hugo .

That's gonna be pretty v-shaped.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #7,031 of 15,268
  Just noticed I have the imperfect aluminum strip ring around the housing of the left cup -

Yep, this is it... I've just returned my second pair to Amazon over it and still haven't ordered another replacement hoping that Amazon would "fix" their stock first...

Having said that, I doubt it has any audible impact. Just a cosmetic defect for OCD types.. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #7,033 of 15,268

(not my photo - this looks a bit worse than mine) Haven't been able to hear a difference but I'm not sure if that's an acoustic seal or what. Bought them 3 months ago from Amazon, so I'm not sure if I should bother with a replacement or something. It's honestly not bothering me that much as I've just found it today.

dang.

at this price point the QC looks shoddy.

return it for an exchange.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #7,034 of 15,268

Is it fake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back