Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 25, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #6,826 of 15,268
Let's stop beating a dead horse, shall we.. It's getting akin to infamous Sennheiser veil.

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #6,827 of 15,268
  Cool, thanks.  I’m looking for a warmer and bassier can to complement my Grado’s that’s good for metal but also does other genres well, so the X2 seems right up my alley.  I’m also considering LCD-2 but the price of the phone itself combined with the fact that I’d need a more powerful amp to drive them is steering me towards the X2.  Love Grado for metal but sometimes I just don’t feel like putting up with the sharp treble. 

“Meat in the sound” … “Great bass and fun sparkle” … “fatigue factor is non-existent” – all music to my ears!

I love both the Grado 325is and X2 with metal. I don't really find the 325is to have sharp treble at all.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #6,828 of 15,268
  Is there anyone who owns both X2 and MrSpeakers Alpha Prime? Would love to hear a planar like that, although I'm very happy with my X2. The fact that it's a closed headphone interests me too.
I'm not really into frequency ranges, but maybe someone can comment on the musicality/ fun factor of the Prime against X2. But maybe it's silly to consider this to the X2, I really don't know if they are close at all in sound against each other.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/5685#post_11857950

This is what you need.

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #6,830 of 15,268
Still thinking about these, or the Yamaha 220's.

The Yamaha's are discontinued, so hard to find/return.

These sound great.  I'm curious if people still have issues with the ink bleeding, and if people still wash their pads?

I heard the ink thing only happened on some pairs, but I wonder if it's the case, or if some people just never noticed....

I know I posted in here awhile back, but kind of forgot the whole convo with regards to if this will be good for me, or not..

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #6,831 of 15,268
These sound great.  I'm curious if people still have issues with the ink bleeding, and if people still wash their pads?

I heard the ink thing only happened on some pairs, but I wonder if it's the case, or if some people just never noticed....

Thanks!

I haven't had any ink bleed on my pads.

If you really like these, the pads shouldn't be a deal-breaker, as the Brainwavz HM5, (I believe that's the model) pads fit well for $20. Some people prefer those pads and say they're more comfortable.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #6,832 of 15,268
I haven't had any ink bleed on my pads.

If you really like these, the pads shouldn't be a deal-breaker, as the Brainwavz HM5, (I believe that's the model) pads fit well for $20. Some people prefer those pads and say they're more comfortable.

I've just been in the noid zone lately, so things like that are a NOPE, but I think replacement pads would be nice, but I hear the orignal pads are good?

I'm just not sure these are right for me...

Also, I've heard mixed comments on the HM5 pads...  Thoughts?

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #6,833 of 15,268

I've just been in the noid zone lately, so things like that are a NOPE, but I think replacement pads would be nice, but I hear the orignal pads are good?

I'm just not sure these are right for me...

Also, I've heard mixed comments on the HM5 pads...  Thoughts?

Having read comments and  you are still not sure, then stay away from it.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #6,834 of 15,268
  Having read comments and  you are still not sure, then stay away from it.

AS I said, I haven't really looked into this in awhile, and I heard a few comments, but don't really remember them all.

If people have opposing views, please post them, as I haven't tried them myself to verify, nor does one person's comments on the internet mean anyhthing funny.

Granted I'm not sure if you're talking about the X2's or the HM5 pads...

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #6,835 of 15,268
  Still thinking about these, or the Yamaha 220's.

The Yamaha's are discontinued, so hard to find/return.

I know I posted in here awhile back, but kind of forgot the whole convo with regards to if this will be good for me, or not..

Thanks!

There's going be a Massdrop buy for the Fostex TH-X00 close cans, priced at $399 9AM EST Nov 27. According to the reviews they're an absolute steal at that price. Why not join in?

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #6,836 of 15,268

There's going be a Massdrop buy for the Fostex TH-X00 close cans, priced at $399 9AM EST Nov 27. According to the reviews they're an absolute steal at that price. Why not join in?

399 reasons 
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #6,837 of 15,268

399 reasons 
frown.gif

Reason 1.. Massdrop

Reason 2... Signing up....

Reason 3..... :))))

Reason 4....  Idk anything about the Fostex.

I almost went for the AKG massdrop, but Idk...

It's just odd signing up for them, and then having to deal with no returns and what about warranties???

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #6,838 of 15,268
Any recommendations on an amp I can daisy chain to my Mixamp to maybe improve the clarity and maybe make the X2's feel a bit more ... open?

It might just be that they need burning in but the sound feels a little constrained, maybe a little .... muffled although not sure that's the word. I dunno, it's almost like they've got a cover on them which is slightly muffling and just taking off the cover would let them loose.

So I'm guessing an extra amp is needed?

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #6,839 of 15,268
Any recommendations on an amp I can daisy chain to my Mixamp to maybe improve the clarity and maybe make the X2's feel a bit more ... open?

It might just be that they need burning in but the sound feels a little constrained, maybe a little .... muffled although not sure that's the word. I dunno, it's almost like they've got a cover on them which is slightly muffling and just taking off the cover would let them loose.

I don't have any recommendations (heh), but that's definitely not normal - mine sound huge and crystal clear. I plugged it in to my second computer the other day and was amazed at the different in clarity between my dac and the onboard. So yeah, you probably need to upgrade -

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #6,840 of 15,268

The Mixamp, as convenient as it is for gamers, is not a great piece of audio equipment. Most agree its DAC is passable at best, as is the amp. It does, however, have enough juice to drive these. Which sound setting are you using on the mixamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back