Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #4,281 of 15,268

but there are 24 azo-dyestuffs/azo-pigments that are not allowed to be used in production.
If people are worried about the bleeding/dye problem it is your right to ask for the RSL/Chemical test report of the textile they use.

Correct, and your probably wearing something right now containing azo dyes, have they been tested?

I'm not saying there isn't a problem I'm just trying to put it into context.

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #4,282 of 15,268

Correct, and your probably wearing something right now containing azo dyes, have they been tested?

I'm not saying there isn't a problem I'm just trying to put it into context.

No doubt.  Most anything has dyes used during the manufacturing process.   To ME, the concerning part is that the dye leeches out and onto / into the skin.  (Hmm, I wonder what is used in tattoo ink, something I wouldn't do anyway).  That, and I wouldn't want any of my other gear / possessions to get stained by this.  I wouldn't panic, but I would expect Philips to replace the pads and possibly the headbands with something that doesn't do this, its a manufacturing / design defect.

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #4,283 of 15,268

Phillips is not going to replace the pads. I contacted them (through their website- support)
They basically informed me- as far as they are concerned- this is not an issue they are aware of and there is no replacement program in place nor in the works.
Yeah they sound great for the $$$ but
I'm selling mine.
This gives me an excuse to upgrade the new Audeze EL8

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #4,284 of 15,268

Phillips is not going to replace the pads. I contacted them (through their website- support)
They basically informed me- as far as they are concerned- this is not an issue they are aware of and there is no replacement program in place nor in the works.
I'm selling mine.

"Not an issue they are aware of"?  So they only warrant issues they are aware of?  How else do they become aware of problems other than somebody filing a claim?   That's lame.  Especially when physical proof can be provided.  There may or may not be a hazard, but leeching and staining things is a defect.  Oh well, I don't have much more to say about this anyway. But Philips is no longer a company I would purchase from with such poor warranty support.  Bummer, I always liked Philips.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #4,285 of 15,268
  "Not an issue they are aware of"?  So they only warrant issues they are aware of?  How else do they become aware of problems other than somebody filing a claim?   That's lame.  Especially when physical proof can be provided.  There may or may not be a hazard, but leeching and staining things is a defect.  Oh well, I don't have much more to say about this anyway. But Philips is no longer a company I would purchase from with such poor warranty support.  Bummer, I always liked Philips.

Maybe if more owners contact them- they will become aware and do something about it....?
Give their support a call or online chat and let them know what we know.

I wonder what type of dye is used on my B&W P7's...?   and my Sennheiser wireless 180's...?
Maybe not knowing is better.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #4,286 of 15,268
Dye ?! :angry_face:  Could you guys please stop spam about it in this thread? 

It's just dye, it isnt Ebola. 

"Spam"? Really? Do you know the definition of the word? People have expressed concern about an issue, not personally insulted you. I don't know why some people view objects as part of their personal identity, and if a negative point is made about a product or company they feel personally offended.

If you're fine with the issue, great. I don't have a horse on this race, but trying to squelch open discussion isn't supposed to be the point of a forum.

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #4,287 of 15,268
How is the sound quality in the Fidelio X2 cans?
Is there anything i should be aware of?
Apart from the dye issue ofcourse.

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #4,289 of 15,268
I'm selling mine.

That sucks. Seriously.
I don't know what the hell they are thinking.
Plenty of people have already complained about this. Here, Youtube, Amazon reviews... with PROOFS.

If they don't care about their customers, i may not care about their product in the future too then.

I don't think it's toxic but they could at least think about what this ink leak can damage when we put the HP on. Laptop, glasses, cloths...

When i think of AKG that sent me a free part replacement without even asking question... when it was my damn fault to have lost the part.

I'm not a lawyer, but isn't that even considered as a hidden defect ?
Since it's seem to become worse the more I use them, soon I may not even let them on my neck because it might destroy my t-shirt...

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #4,290 of 15,268
I recommend this playlist to all Fidelio X2 owners.

http://tidalhifi.com/playlist/5abb8e39-bf28-44d0-8d21-f589e18b700e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back