Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jun 3, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #13,517 of 15,268
Yeah, I know, just busting your chops. And yes, bacon, mmmmm.

Sometimes I see stuff on sale on Amazon or Aliexpress, and it’s like $0.02 off on a product that might be $40 for example. It’s like, why even bother putting it ‘on sale’? Haha

Jun 3, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #13,518 of 15,268
Sometimes I see stuff on sale on Amazon or Aliexpress, and it’s like $0.02 off on a product that might be $40 for example. It’s like, why even bother putting it ‘on sale’? Haha

If I had to guess, it's because at least in the AliExpress mobile app, there's an option at the top of every search result screen to just show items "on sale". If they didn't take the $0.02 off, their product would get excluded from the search results for people choosing to just look at on sale items. But yeah, it's pretty silly.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #13,519 of 15,268
I received a pair in the post two days ago. Paid $38 on ebay as the left cup came away from the headband after a plastic bolt snapped.
5 minutes with a Dremel, a couple of springs and bolts and they are 100% looking better than factory original.
Waiting for the post man to deliver new pads today.
Deffo worth looking at the ones that have issues for a bargain as they are super simple to work on.

Jul 16, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #13,521 of 15,268
I received a pair in the post two days ago. Paid $38 on ebay as the left cup came away from the headband after a plastic bolt snapped.
5 minutes with a Dremel, a couple of springs and bolts and they are 100% looking better than factory original.
Waiting for the post man to deliver new pads today.
Deffo worth looking at the ones that have issues for a bargain as they are super simple to work on.
You should post a picture of your handiwork. I would be really interested to see it.

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #13,522 of 15,268
Jul 17, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #13,524 of 15,268
Hi. New owner of fidelio x2hr from amazon prime day. i have a question. When i put these on, the moment i stretch the the earpads to put them on my head, the headband make a weird sound. Like when ripping plastic with glue. is this normal?

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #13,526 of 15,268
I make a video of the sound.

That is odd! It does sound like crunching plastic (or even Velcro crunching). Maybe it’s the headband stitching loosening/tightening when the headband gets flexed or something?

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #13,527 of 15,268
Pretty disappointed with the X2HR. I was hoping for an upgrade from a bose soundlink 2 but the x2hr was underwhelming. The vocals and highs pop more on the bose. X2HR vocals are quite recessed. When comparing to gaming, movies, music, the bose are just overall brighter than the x2hr. Both are plugged straight into the headphone port on the computer running off the stock motherboard (no soundcard). Now I am thinking I should have went with a pair of dt990 since from what Ive read around the internet, is more in line of what i'm looking for.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #13,528 of 15,268
Got some new Philips X2HR from the amazon prime sale and found them to be no longer made by Gibson.
Did notice some minor differences in sound, the X2HR are overall more quiet and the vocals seem more recessed.
FX5KgPJ.jpg

New X2HR is made by MMD HK HOLDING LTD
Old X2 made by
d01peKh.jpg

Anyone else tried the new X2HR?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #13,530 of 15,268
Pretty disappointed with the X2HR. I was hoping for an upgrade from a bose soundlink 2 but the x2hr was underwhelming. The vocals and highs pop more on the bose. X2HR vocals are quite recessed. When comparing to gaming, movies, music, the bose are just overall brighter than the x2hr. Both are plugged straight into the headphone port on the computer running off the stock motherboard (no soundcard). Now I am thinking I should have went with a pair of dt990 since from what Ive read around the internet, is more in line of what i'm looking for.
i have both right now. i have only used the fidelio x2hr for 2h.
I have both right now. later i could tell you how they sound to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back