Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 29, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #10,141 of 15,268
  Can I do one too? 
The Slow Show - Dresden. 

Simply divine on the X2. (Notice the song playing in that picture I posted earlier today 
wink.gif
)

Absolutely loved it! Thanks for sharing it

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #10,142 of 15,268
  Well that my friend was an awesome share!! You should do that more often 
bigsmile_face.gif

Another share you might like. :wink:

(Have to add, it sounds considerably better in FLAC using WASAPI than from YouTube.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR1iOfY4bMg

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #10,144 of 15,268
Hey, planning on replacing my K612 Pro for the X2. I still have one week of use before sending them back to amazon and I'd like to read some opinions from you guys. My main issue with the K612 is the lack of bass impact, that punch, that comes from these AKG. I'm just wondering if the X2 can give me that while maintaining the same level of quality as the K612 on the other frequencies. They sound amazing for everything but when I put a bass heavy techno/house track it leaves a lot to be desired. My dac/amp is a FiiO E10K

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #10,145 of 15,268
  Hey, planning on replacing my K612 Pro for the X2. I still have one week of use before sending them back to amazon and I'd like to read some opinions from you guys. My main issue with the K612 is the lack of bass impact, that punch, that comes from these AKG. I'm just wondering if the X2 can give me that while maintaining the same level of quality as the K612 on the other frequencies. They sound amazing for everything but when I put a bass heavy techno/house track it leaves a lot to be desired. My dac/amp is a FiiO E10K

X2 is not as crisp on top as AKGs, but much more forgiving overall. Low end is much more satisfying. I find X2 very versatile, sounding great with wide range of music, especially rock and electronica, while K712, which I briefly owned, only excelled with high quality acoustic and classical music. For vocals I still think HD600 is unbeatable.

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #10,148 of 15,268
Thanks. Did you guys get any problems with manufacturing? I've been reading about Woox vs Gibson and I'm a bit concerned about ordering them from amazon as I don't want to receive a bad pair.
I thought the X2 were already bassy, but you added even more?

Amazon should have a new batch in stock, think it will be OK. Anyway, their return policy is great, so I wouldn't be worried at all. And yes, adding more bass to them seems excessive.

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #10,149 of 15,268

Oh thanks for replying. I've seen those but they seem to be same as the original pads but I'm looking for something thicker like the HM5. I just want to know if there are other options that I do not know of because currently, the velour Hm5 pads are out of stock on amazon. I do not want to buy them off mp4nation and brainwavz directly due to the LOOOOOOOONG shipping time.

I wouldn't say they're the same. At least not on mine.
The stock pads can feel a bit prickly but no such issue on the Bass Plus ones. Think it has something to do with the shorter felt.

I didn't really have much of an issue with the stock ones - the prickiness was very very minor. Its one of those - if I dont think about it I dont feel it kinda thing.

But these Bass Plus ones are definitely more comfy. I immediately felt the difference the first time I tried it on.
Haven't tried the HM5 ones so can't comment on those.

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #10,150 of 15,268
  Thanks. Did you guys get any problems with manufacturing? I've been reading about Woox vs Gibson and I'm a bit concerned about ordering them from amazon as I don't want to receive a bad pair.
I thought the X2 were already bassy, but you added even more?

Lots of people in this thread did. Just read through the thread around december 2015. Correct me if im wrong, but Gibson is going to be continuing the manufacture of these headphones going forward. Your best chance when buying from amazon is a used one through AWD. I got a Woox pair that way. Got a Gibson when I bought a new one from them.

The X2 are bassy, but they have a significant sub-bass roll off below 60hz like most open backs. That is what he eq'ed back in.. and i guess a bit extra P:

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #10,151 of 15,268
I tried other closed headphones with slightly better bass than X2s. (Extension, tightness, punch.) But they either sound too claustrophobic, boring and recessed or artificial in the mids and highs or just too aggressive.
X2s don't have a perfect bass, but they have the very best opened back bass I have ever heard. And having the space, openness and lifelike sound of an opened back headphone can easily make you forget that slight compromise you made on bass. Also they have a very soft, mellow easy listening sound compared to these similarly priced closed backs.
Awaiting for TH-X00s though. :)

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #10,152 of 15,268
  I tried other closed headphones with slightly better bass than X2s. (Extension, tightness, punch.) But they either sound too claustrophobic, boring and recessed or artificial in the mids and highs or just too aggressive.
X2s don't have a perfect bass, but they have the very best opened back bass I have ever heard. And having the space, openness and lifelike sound of an opened back headphone can easily make you forget that slight compromise you made on bass. Also they have a very soft, mellow easy listening sound compared to these similarly priced closed backs.
Awaiting for TH-X00s though. :)

TH-X00s are great :D I got in on the first drop and it was iffy, but well worth it. fyi, THX00s are semi open, so you get a bit of that X2 openback feel. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #10,153 of 15,268
  TH-X00s are great :D I got in on the first drop and it was iffy, but well worth it. fyi, THX00s are semi open, so you get a bit of that X2 openback feel. 

Thanks, that is encouraging. Awaiting for May even more. :)
I read they are officially closed back, but leak a lot and don't really isolate as a closed back should. So that makes them semi-closed.
This is good for me as I don't really want to lose space and naturalness of X2s, but I could use a tighter and more fulfilling bass at times. (Not loosing the existing midrange and highs which are not perfect in the opened back realm, but beats almost all closed back.)

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #10,154 of 15,268
The mids are very good on the X00s. In fact, it is one of my favorite headphones for female vocals!

Thanks, that is encouraging. Awaiting for May even more. :)
I read they are officially closed back, but leak a lot and don't really isolate as a closed back should. So that makes them semi-closed.
This is good for me as I don't really want to lose space and naturalness of X2s, but I could use a tighter and more fulfilling bass at times. (Not loosing the existing midrange and highs which are not perfect in the opened back realm, but beats almost all closed back.)

The mids are very good on the X00s. In fact, it is one of my favorite headphones for female vocals! I I believe they are vented the entire perimeter of the wood cups where it attaches to the baffle, though i could be wrong. The X2s have impressive bass, but the ThX00 unbelievably tightens it up. Fantastic slam. I would say it is more Slam than punch. I would consider it a direct upgrade to the X2s sound signature wise. It ups the technical ante but it keeps the same dynamic and fun signature. You do lose soundstage a bit.. but you get back your lowest of low end, and you get your mids back. The mids are a bit recessed compared to the Thx00s, in the same way that Thx00s are a bit mid recessed compared to neutral mids.

Mar 2, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #10,155 of 15,268
Im currently using sennheiser pc360 headset as an open backed headphone for producing and listening to house style music. I believe it uses the same drivers as the 558.  I actually really like the sound signature of these headphones, Neutral lows and nice highs. I ordered a pair of dt880s to test but the high end was to zingy and fatiguing for  my taste. Would you guys say the X2 has a similar sound as the pc360 or would another sennheiser headphone such as the hd600, hd 598 be a better choice for an upgrade?

Also is it the x2/00 batch i shoudl be looking for or the x2/27? Does anyone know if the current batch on amazon UK is absent of these quality control issues i keep hearing about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back