Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 15, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #271 of 15,268
  Interessante, ich glaube er, aber es wahrscheinlich falsch ist. The house sound probably hasn't changed enough, but considering the reported differences in L1 to L2 and all the emphasis on the driver and cup design, I'm expecting less bass distortion and more extended treble at least.

If this were so then that would have probably been picked up by Tyll's measurements?
Not saying he didn't pick them up but the words he used were "measurements show them to be very similar to the X1".
Without a proper comparison I'm thinking it's more likely they used new words to describe the driver but that it's the same driver and the only audio difference is the improved cable.

Wish there was a proper comparison though. Must be quite a few people who are holding off right now on buying an X1..

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #272 of 15,268
Whelp, oops, I thought that the L1 and L2 were more obviously different, considering I've only seen praise of the L2 and not the L1... teaches me to fact check myself better after a long night, lol. That's not promising!

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #273 of 15,268
Ah we may be getting a misunderstanding here :)
The quote of "very similar" measurements was about X2 vs X1.

I know almost nothing of the L1 and L2 but indeed read the L2 are a big upgrade from the L1.
I assume they will measure different as well.

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #278 of 15,268
Heard the L2 yesterday and they are really good,but digged the X1's more tho and really like the fact you can swap the pads this time,so i am waiting for them X2's when they get out....

Like I`ve told many times already - when You do first removal carefully, then X1 pads are also removable same way as on X2, only difference is glue added between pad and cup and seems also littlebit different shape attachment pins. I have removed and put back my X1 pads many times without problems.

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #280 of 15,268
The X1 has really caught my eye recently as a budget-friendly open-back that doesn't need amplified and you can get a pair right now for like $230 shipped (I'm looking at getting a pair to game with). Any indication that the X2 is a significant sonic upgrade worth waiting and spending the extra $120 on, or is it more like the V-Moda M80 vs XS and ATH-M50 vs M50x where it's a small refinement with changes to the hardware itself?

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #283 of 15,268
I really hope the X2 improve pain the 1s. I found the X1 had really artificial sounding vocals.

If artificial == unclear then I agree, I have hade several headphones on test and X1 is wihtout a doubt the darkest headphone of them and this makes the vocals disappearing in to other sounds. This makes them a bit easier to listen to but the vocals also becomes a bit to(for me) muffled. Are you however coming from other dark headphones it will probably not be that obvious.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #284 of 15,268
  If artificial == unclear then I agree, I have hade several headphones on test and X1 is wihtout a doubt the darkest headphone of them and this makes the vocals disappearing in to other sounds. This makes them a bit easier to listen to but the vocals also becomes a bit to(for me) muffled. Are you however coming from other dark headphones it will probably not be that obvious.

Knowing nothing about the X1 specifically, what is this in comparison to? My understanding was that the X1 is bassy "for an open back headphone". As someone with experience chiefly with closed-back or IEMs I've always found that open headphones feel significantly brighter and less bassy, even noted bass kings like the LCD2, where does the X1 fall on the spectrum?

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #285 of 15,268

Knowing nothing about the X1 specifically, what is this in comparison to? My understanding was that the X1 is bassy "for an open back headphone". As someone with experience chiefly with closed-back or IEMs I've always found that open headphones feel significantly brighter and less bassy, even noted bass kings like the LCD2, where does the X1 fall on the spectrum?

Im coming from Philips HP890 that is a vary bright open headphone. Even so, it got a lot of bass to be open and bright headphone(not as much as X1 but close). The X1 is the opposite, its a dark headphone that do deliver nice qulity but the sound is to me vary muffled in the mid and high compare to the HP890. It simple do not sound clear.

I also hade the Beyerdynamic DT990 and Sennheiser HD598 at the same time and both are brighter clearer then the X1. The DT990 is the brightest but even so, the HP890 is a bit brighter. For me the X1 delivers as I said, nice qulity sound and I would rate it over the HD598 but comparing to the DT990 or the HP890 it has not much of a chanse(in my book). 

I have tried to replace the Philips HP890 with other Philips but every time I try a pair the muffled sound strikes. I have tried to remove fabric between element and ear and that have made things better but still not even close.

I hade big hopes for the X1 becouse thay look a bit like my HP890 that I have tried to find replacements for a while(somewhat broken).

BUT as usually, sound is personal, everyone thinks diffrent. X1 is with out a doubt a vary liked headphone but it just dont fit me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back