Philips Fidelio X2?!
Apr 2, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #15,034 of 15,268
Has anyone tried to convert the X2HR to balanced? My FIIO BTR5 could drive it...
From what I've seen of the innards of my X2, it should be a pretty easy task to replace the stock 3.5mm with a 3.5mm trrs connector. Then it'd just be a matter of getting a compatible cable - haven't seen many that are 3.5mm trrs. But I suppose if a person is able to replace the connector in the headphones, then making a cable should be kids play.

Apr 16, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #15,036 of 15,268
2-3 years ago a friend of mine came over and was hanging in my home office. He's a former drummer but knows little about high end audio & even less about headphones. He was asking what this or that component was.

Then he caught sight of my Fidelio X2s, which at the time was the only headphone out in the open (the others were stored in drawers). His eyes got real wide. He said, "What is that?"

I told him, then set him up on my NOS DAC + a good solid state amp and played some tunes we both liked. The look on his face was priceless. Everything about the X2s--the look, the design, the fit, and especially the sound--just blew his mind

Then he asked the inevitable question: "How much did you pay for these?" He was expecting I'd say $1,000, maybe $1,200. I told him it was ~$225. Another incredulous look.

It really is unbelievable how little this great headphone cost back in the day.

Apr 16, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #15,037 of 15,268
2-3 years ago a friend of mine came over and was hanging in my home office. He's a former drummer but knows little about high end audio & even less about headphones. He was asking what this or that component was.

Then he caught sight of my Fidelio X2s, which at the time was the only headphone out in the open (the others were stored in drawers). His eyes got real wide. He said, "What is that?"

I told him, then set him up on my NOS DAC + a good solid state amp and played some tunes we both liked. The look on his face was priceless. Everything about the X2s--the look, the design, the fit, and especially the sound--just blew his mind

Then he asked the inevitable question: "How much did you pay for these?" He was expecting I'd say $1,000, maybe $1,200. I told him it was ~$225. Another incredulous look.

It really is unbelievable how little this great headphone cost back in the day.
Costs even less now 😁

Apr 19, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #15,041 of 15,268
Still my favourite headphone for gaming. The angled drivers are fantastic for soundstage, and the tuning suits games and movies beautifully.

I've had so many horribly expensive headphones now, my current daily driver being an Empyrean. Yet I always get the X2HR out for a gaming session.
Totally agree I bought and tried a bunch of cliche and recommended headphones such as the hd560s, sundara, pc38x tygr 300r, dt900 pro x before I decided to go out on a limb and try the X2HR. I wish I would have just got these first and saved myself a whole bunch of headache. All the reviews our there that say these don't image as well as other headphones must not game. These get more use time than my more expensive gear, highly recommended!

May 31, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #15,043 of 15,268
Behringer BC12, haven't plugged this into xh2r socket yet, but I am sure these work like OneOdio cable with mic, but it looks like it has even less flexible cable than OneOdio, it took me 2 months of bending OneOdio cable and it stopped working, lol, wondering how long would it take for BC12 to fail

Attachments

• 20220531_145332 (1).jpg
    20220531_145332 (1).jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 0
Jun 3, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #15,045 of 15,268
Hello. I found a used fidelio x2. It's only $110. But I saw that there were quality control issues. The pads of the model I found are not glossy. I think it's from later productions.

Is there a way to tell if the headset is good? I can ask the seller the necessary information.

Also if I stumble upon one of the bad ones will it still be good for $110? I can use eq if needed. For harsh highs and muffled basses.

I can get a second hand shp9500 for $70. I think the shp9500 has no quality control issues. But they say X2 is better.

Also there are taxes in my country. Note that unused product prices are 40-50% higher than usual. I give at least 140 dollars for the product you buy for 100 dollars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back