Philips Fidelio X2 Defects on Amazon
Dec 18, 2015 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 250

westwest

New Head-Fier
Hey anyone recently purchase a philips x2 on amazon? Amazon seem to have an issue with the ear pads being glued onto the headphone. I purchase mine through amazon llc and hopefully my headphone don't have that glue issue. 

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 250
The other one is HD600.
Well, once someone reported a issue of defect item and when Amazon confirms it, it will temporary suspend the sale. This does not mean the other ones it sells have the same problem.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 250
What I'd really like to know is whether:
1. only the x2s with glued earpads have sound quality issues, or if there are unglued x2s that also have SQ issues
2. all x2 with glued earpads have sound quality issues, or if only some of them do.

Basically how do I know if I have an X2 with SQ issues if I don't have another "good" x2 to compare with.

Just putting it out there in case someone somehow knows, or sees a solid trend.
Thx!

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 250
Has anyone contacted Philips regarding this? If Gibbson would be importing new ones than i doubt this issue would be resolved before 31st Jan so that we can get replacements.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 250
I have the Gibson one with the glued pads. The sound is really good but how am I supposed to know if even the sound quality is comparable or less than the pre-Gibson ones? Seriously thinking of returning them. I feel a bit shortchanged especially since I paid the full price of 300 for them.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #14 of 250
I have the Gibson one with the glued pads. The sound is really good but how am I supposed to know if even the sound quality is comparable or less than the pre-Gibson ones? Seriously thinking of returning them. I feel a bit shortchanged especially since I paid the full price of 300 for them.

That's my fear. The sound is great and I think I have the velour pads... Mine are also glued on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back