Philips Fidelio X1 vs Bowers Wilkins P7
Jul 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

charlie875578

Head-Fier
I don't have the ability to test the Philips Fidelio X1. I'm looking at these two as a HP for mainly home use with some travel use (not so much using on a plane/car, rather a over ear that doesn't require a full amp rig to get enjoyment. Most of the listening will be Concert DVDs, Netflix, Youtube, lossless audio as well as Google music. So some high quality sources and some not so high quality. I read a lot of positives about the X1 and they're very cheap on Amazon. But I've never owned Philips audio products other than some $20 earbuds for running (which I actually REALLY liked). I will be playing mostly classic rock, rock, alternative, a little hardcore and indie. Not into modern pop, mainstream, rap, etc. 

-can any one compare these two especially as it relates to bass impact, soundstage, clarity, amp requirements, etc. Or if the Fidelio X1 is similar in signature to anything else out there please let me know. 

Also, I do own the Bowers and Wilkins P5 (they're just my gym headphones at this point), so if anyone can say how the X1 stacks up next to these, that would be helpful as well. 

Thank you for any insight you may be able to provide me.

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 3
I should mention I am also intrigued by the HiFiMan HE-400 and AKG Q701...In anyone wants to compare any combination of these 4. Yet everytime I feel like I want to pull the trigger on one of these 2 I read something that makes me hit "clear cart." "The Q701 have no bass impact and are good for critical listening but not music enjoyment..."

I really want something that is going to nail MUSICAL ENJOYMENT. I'm not too worried about how "accurate" they are. 

...Just don't have the money to buy the Denon AHD5000...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back