Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 - New IEMs with semi-closed back
Oct 21, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #257 of 367
I tried mine out before sending it back.  To be honest, I actually found it quite dull compared to my XBA-3.  The upper mids and the treble were a little lacking to my ears...maybe I didn't get a good enough seal?  Was running off of my E17.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #258 of 367
  I tried mine out before sending it back.  To be honest, I actually found it quite dull compared to my XBA-3.  The upper mids and the treble were a little lacking to my ears...maybe I didn't get a good enough seal?  Was running off of my E17.

XBA-3 is way better than the S2, S2 was mostly hype

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #260 of 367
  Hey Inks. Did you have a fit problem with the S2? Also what source did you use? Is it as source-picky as the XBA3?

I never have fit problems fortunately, iP5/E17 and 5S. Not as picky as XBA3. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #262 of 367
The S1 are very good to my ears, but I think that they are not the best choice for Hip-hop. You should get a more bass-driven iem. Check Joker's thread. The S1/S2 are perfect if you want clarity and balanced sound without sacrifying too much bass, but they are not very bassy.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #263 of 367
  The S1 are very good to my ears, but I think that they are not the best choice for Hip-hop. You should get a more bass-driven iem. Check Joker's thread. The S1/S2 are perfect if you want clarity and balanced sound without sacrifying too much bass, but they are not very bassy.

+1

For Hip-hop and electrinic music I prefer the Monster Gratitudes. These are really great value at USD 60 at the moment and have great sub bass compared to the S2's.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #264 of 367
Comparing the Fidelio S2 vs LG Quadbeat, the S2 has a much greater sense of space and separation. Things that reverberate, like a bongo drum or deep, slow vocals resonate silky smooth.

I was surprised how capable the Quadbeat really is, its a wonderful value at $20. The difference between the two straight out of an iphone is that sense of space and airiness. Also the smoothness and detail of the S2 is superior.The S2 is so relaxing and allows you to fully engage with the music.

The other thing with the S2, is that while it performed at a high level straight off my phone, I felt that there was so much more potential in the background. I am looking forward to trying the S2 with a more powerful amplifier.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #265 of 367
Comparing the Fidelio S2 vs LG Quadbeat, the S2 has a much greater sense of space and separation. Things that reverberate, like a bongo drum or deep, slow vocals resonate silky smooth.

I was surprised how capable the Quadbeat really is, its a wonderful value at $20. The difference between the two straight out of an iphone is that sense of space and airiness. Also the smoothness and detail of the S2 is superior.The S2 is so relaxing and allows you to fully engage with the music.

The other thing with the S2, is that while it performed at a high level straight off my phone, I felt that there was so much more potential in the background. I am looking forward to trying the S2 with a more powerful amplifier.

Apparently the LG Quadbeat 2 is better than both of them according to some recent reviews. Really curious now coz I was supposed to get the s2...

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #266 of 367

Yes no doubt, but how about against the new LG QuadBeat 2 is the question!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/686412/lg-quadbeat-2-appreciation-thread

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #267 of 367
You know, there is one trick that makes the Fidelio S2 sound MUCH better. iOS users only

Use the Jays-Curves player on it, the FR of the S2 almost matches the T-Jays. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #269 of 367
Anyone compared the S2 with either the RE 400 or the MA 750?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back