Philips Fidelio L2
Mar 3, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #827 of 1,146
The earpads are of very high quality, they'll last you for atleast 2 years (even with heavy use) for sure.
. But after those 2 years pass and the drivers are still working fine what to do about the earpads :/ like I just don't want to throw away working headphones just because the earpads, if philips makes a new line of headphoned I hope they put removable earpads.

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #828 of 1,146
. But after those 2 years pass and the drivers are still working fine what to do about the earpads :/ like I just don't want to throw away working headphones just because the earpads, if philips makes a new line of headphoned I hope they put removable earpads.

Do you wanna buy them from me? I have them for a very decent price.

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #830 of 1,146
I wouldn't say they leak much. I believe they are designed to be used in public. My one concern is that the headband gets quite uncomfortable after 30 minutes/one hour of use (or rather straight away, now that I brought them out to check the leakage). And that's a shame because they sound rather good and I hardly ever use them...

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #831 of 1,146
Leakage outwards is acceptable at normal listening levels if you're not in a quiet space. Commuting though isn't something I'd recommend the l2 for since the noise inwards makes me crank up the volume and then still I'm loosing a lot in the rumble. I prefer my IEMs for that.

I only have issues with the headband after about 90 minutes to two hours. Maybe try playing with the length of the headband and it's position on your head, see if it helps.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #832 of 1,146
Leakage outwards is acceptable at normal listening levels if you're not in a quiet space. Commuting though isn't something I'd recommend the l2 for since the noise inwards makes me crank up the volume and then still I'm loosing a lot in the rumble. I prefer my IEMs for that.

I only have issues with the headband after about 90 minutes to two hours. Maybe try playing with the length of the headband and it's position on your head, see if it helps.

Thanks. I was really wanting an open-ish sound, like my Grado's,which I can't use in public because of the leak. I heard the L2 is comparable to the Grado sound.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #833 of 1,146
I love my L2, so when my initial pair started to show sings of wear and seem like the earpad would start to peel. so started looking out for some used ones. Managed to get one at a good price used on eBay. when i got it, it got me worried as the packaging was different. I was more like the X2 packaging where in inner box slides out. Tried looking for photos of it on the net but couldn't find anything on it. But i thought maybe it was a just a new packaging design. Until i listened to it and realised it sounded a little different. It sounded deeper and fuller. got me curious, so i went back to the box for a more detailed comparison after recalling the whole WOOX and Gibson issue on the X2. the first obvious difference was the listed frequency range. The old pair was 12-26,000Hz while the second pair was 6-28,000Hz. The old pair was from Philips Electronic while the second is WOOX. Old pair was made in China, couldn't find that info on the second pair.

Unfortunately i am new here so am unable to post up photos.

Has anyone else here got the different versions?

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #834 of 1,146
  I'm in the market for new pair of headphones and still can't decide between L2 and Sennheiser Momentum M2.
I read people liked better L2s over Momentums but I could not find any comparison between L2 and newer Momentum M2 (over ear) model.
Which one will be better for genres like IDM (ie Lusine) or electronic/instrumental (ie Bonobo)?

Also I found two models of Fidelio on amazon:
- L2 (https://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-h4ugx-PKAhVF1ywKHSOOBuMQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FPhilips-Headphones-Incoming-Function-Microphone%2Fdp%2FB00F4P7NG0&usg=AFQjCNFa5TSwPwrENAaGB0Dql_BQS5jt2Q&sig2=Vsu_Bfz7u-ZPZNTL1pmfCg&bvm=bv.113370389,d.bGg)

- L2BO (http://www.amazon.com/Philips-L2BO-27-Headphones-cushioning/dp/B00WTQDV5E)

Price difference between these models is quite significant but I cannot find any difference between them (aside from first being imported from Japan). Are there other differences?

I love my L2, so when my initial pair started to show sings of wear and seem like the earpad would start to peel. so started looking out for some used ones. Managed to get one at a good price used on eBay. when i got it, it got me worried as the packaging was different. I was more like the X2 packaging where in inner box slides out. Tried looking for photos of it on the net but couldn't find anything on it. But i thought maybe it was a just a new packaging design. Until i listened to it and realised it sounded a little different. It sounded deeper and fuller. got me curious, so i went back to the box for a more detailed comparison after recalling the whole WOOX and Gibson issue on the X2. the first obvious difference was the listed frequency range. The old pair was 12-26,000Hz while the second pair was 6-28,000Hz. The old pair was from Philips Electronic while the second is WOOX. Old pair was made in China, couldn't find that info on the second pair.

Has anyone else here got the different versions?

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #835 of 1,146
  I'm in the market for new pair of headphones and still can't decide between L2 and Sennheiser Momentum M2.
I read people liked better L2s over Momentums but I could not find any comparison between L2 and newer Momentum M2 (over ear) model.
Which one will be better for genres like IDM (ie Lusine) or electronic/instrumental (ie Bonobo)?

Also I found two models of Fidelio on amazon:
- L2 (https://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-h4ugx-PKAhVF1ywKHSOOBuMQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FPhilips-Headphones-Incoming-Function-Microphone%2Fdp%2FB00F4P7NG0&usg=AFQjCNFa5TSwPwrENAaGB0Dql_BQS5jt2Q&sig2=Vsu_Bfz7u-ZPZNTL1pmfCg&bvm=bv.113370389,d.bGg)

- L2BO (http://www.amazon.com/Philips-L2BO-27-Headphones-cushioning/dp/B00WTQDV5E)

Price difference between these models is quite significant but I cannot find any difference between them (aside from first being imported from Japan). Are there other differences?

Interesting...
I bought my L2 a long while back; it was not even on the American market then; if my memory serves the model was called L2 while the product name was the L2BO. What is listed as the L2 here does not ship to my country, whereas the L2BO does, so maybe there is a different version for the American market?

weird though.

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #836 of 1,146
  Interesting...
I bought my L2 a long while back; it was not even on the American market then; if my memory serves the model was called L2 while the product name was the L2BO. What is listed as the L2 here does not ship to my country, whereas the L2BO does, so maybe there is a different version for the American market?

weird though.

I'm sure they're the same product.  They're both the L2, it's just L2BO is the full name of the product L2 (Black/Orange).  It's not really needed on the L2 as there is one color, but other Philips headphones have different colors and even options M1 (standard black, android controls), M1WT (white, android controls), M1i (black with iphone controls), M1BO (black/orange with android), M1BOi (black orange with iphone controls), etc.  They also had quite a few color options on the S1 and S2 headsets.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #838 of 1,146
  I'm sure they're the same product.  They're both the L2, it's just L2BO is the full name of the product L2 (Black/Orange).  It's not really needed on the L2 as there is one color, but other Philips headphones have different colors and even options M1 (standard black, android controls), M1WT (white, android controls), M1i (black with iphone controls), M1BO (black/orange with android), M1BOi (black orange with iphone controls), etc.  They also had quite a few color options on the S1 and S2 headsets.

The price difference between them is about a 100 dollars, though. I posted a question at the Amazon website inquiring as to why such a price difference exists, and someone answered it's because the more expensive "model" is "high-rez". When I read this kind of nonsense, my head hurts.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #839 of 1,146

The price difference between them is about a 100 dollars, though. I posted a question at the Amazon website inquiring as to why such a price difference exists, and someone answered it's because the more expensive "model" is "high-rez". When I read this kind of nonsense, my head hurts.

The ones that are $100 less are 3rd party imports.  The L2 has been available for a while longer in other parts of the world.  Other than Amazon, I've not seen any US authorized dealers for it.  I'm almost certain there isn't any actual differences in the product, just a different box with different languages printed on it.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #840 of 1,146
Ive also had 2 diffeerent versions of the L2 (3 different pairs in total), the first one I had received traded from another head-fier in the UK, it had the box that slides open, the second one I bought brand new from an online webshop in my country (netherlands) that one had a different kind of box that you need to pull closed, like the one seen in the review video of the L2 from youtuber TheGamingAudiophile.

I immediatly returned that one back to the store, because the build quality of the left earcup felt too loose, and so I bought the 3rd and my final pair from another webshop that is also in the Netherlands, and that time it had the same box that slides open like when I got the L2s for my very first time.

I noticed no change in sound between the 3 pairs I had, only that the uppermids were stronger when not burned in, but they became beautifully smooth on both my first and last pair (didnt let them burn in on my second pair, because the build of the left earcup was just too loose I had to return them) after like 10 - 20 hours of burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back