Philadelphia Area Meet-Up Jan 28th 2018 - NO football that weekend
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #46 of 117
@gandhisfist What kind of Eikon? I'd definitely be interested in comparing two different woods.

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #48 of 117
Ok I'm going to bring my MZ2, which is stock besides tube swap. Dr. Jazz is bringing his, which was modified. We are going to set them up to A/B. I'll also be bringing my Schiit Eitr, Modi Multibit, Monoprice M1060 (heavily modded with Fazor plates, vegan Audeze pads). Also my Hifiman HE-X V2s. That's it for now. May bring more. Go Eagles!

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #49 of 117
OK...one week to go! Can't wait!

For those who have asked how this whole thing works...

People who are setting up gear, get there a little early if you can...space is first come first choose, so the best spots go quickly.

BRING EXTRA POWER STRIPS AND EXTENTION CORDS. You can never have too many and someone will forget one and be in need of borrowing.

Don't sprawl out all over the tabe...keep it tight...lots of people need to set up.

Bring a source! iPod, computer, CD Player, turntable, whatever.

Label your gear! Lots of people may have the same cans or amps.

It's nice to make up a paper listing exactly what you're showing so others don't have to ask and you'll have more freedom to wander.

While I've never been to a meet where something was stolen, I'd rather not have my meet be the first. So be aware of your setup or ask the person next to you to keep an eye on it when you go listening or to the bathroom.

Did I mention to bring extra power strips?

Those of you who are coming to listen...

We're thrilled to have you! The head-Fi community is exceptionally welcoming and willing to share. We love showing off our gear and the sound we have achieved.

We do ask that you be courteous:

-NEVER unplug headphones with the volume up or the source playing.

-many of the top headphones are open back...that means we all hear your conversations while we're listening. Remember to use your 'inside voices'

-Take a shower that morning and wash your ears...you're going to be trying on other people's headphones and others will be wearing yours...it's just commen sense and courtesy.

-bring your favorite music on your portable audio player...but please ASK the owner of the rig to which you would like to jack in to help you make the connection rather than just unplugging their current source without asking.

Then just have fun and enjoy the company and the sound!!

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #50 of 117
Update: iFi has sent in one of their PRO headphone amps and a Micro Black DAC to allow people to listen.
HeadAmp will be on hands with a BHSE, GSX-Mk2, G-Lite-mk2 and assorted headphones

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #51 of 117
Quick ? Though do we need to bring our own laptops to hook up? Bc I have all of my stuff hooked up to a desktop and my laptop is kinda janky.
Yes...a source is imperative. There isn't a central source. A DAP, an iPad, an iPod...something!

See you there!

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #52 of 117
I have a beautiful Auralic Taurus MKII amp for sale. I can bring it with me if anyone is interested in buying it. ($850)

Lee, please feel free to delete this post if it oversteps boundaries..

No worries...selling and swapping are welcome.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #55 of 117
Not sure if this has been asked /confirmed, is there wifi? Debating bring my Node2 as a source option

As kazsud said, yes there is nice fast WIFI.

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #58 of 117
I'm looking forward to the meet! This will be my second one.

I'm bring my LCD2.2, EL-8C, Mojo, DX200 (amp 1, 2 and 3), DT1770 (for sale), X5iii (for sale) and Fiio A5.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #59 of 117
@Frank I , glad you're coming, be nice to see you. I'm dying to hear the Susvara...LCD-4 as well. You did bring Dave last time, if I remember correctly.

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #60 of 117
Glad I caught this! Working to get some coverage at work for Sunday, but I don't think that'll be an issue!

I'll be bringing along;

HM 901 -> HeadAmp Pico Power
Modded Audio Technica ES 10
Ypsilon G1
Nhoord Red V1
Geek Out v2+
Shanling M3s
Shanling M2s
Hifiman HM 601
JDS Labs EL Dac + iRiver H140
Schiit Vali Gen 1
Burson Play With V6 Vivid Op Amps
Massdrop x Hifiman HE 4XX
AKG K240 Sextett MP

Non the less, hope I'm able to make it! If so then I'll see you guys on Sunday!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back