Phase 1 completed... (got my ER4-ps today)
Sep 17, 2002 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
Today I received the Etymotic ER4-Ps I bought last week, and I could not be more excited right now. They simply blow the ER6s I previously thought to be perfect out of the water. I cannot put into words how much I am loving these 'buds right now, but I may write something later. For those of you wondering if it's worth it, I can promise you it is. Right now for instance I'm sitting at my computer typing this, and all I hear is music, no clicking of keys and no whirring of fans. Amazing.

As for Phase 2, well, let's just say I've given a fair bit of change over to Apple in exchange for something sexy and portable. But unfortunately that's another few weeks away, suppose I'll have to make do with these Etys and my Panasonic 'til then. Shouldn't be too hard.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2002 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Mcbiff, nice to see you back at head-fi!

Can I ask where you got these? A while back I was trying to get some Ety's in Europe but didn't find any. The shipping-costs Headroom wanted to charge me were insane, so I gave up.

Enjoy!

Sep 17, 2002 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 7
It's nice to be back, I didn't think anyone would actually remember me though. Various other things (school mainly) have kept me from posting much in the last year. But I hope to have some more time now to waste (nah...) here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually I bought the Etys used from a guy on another forum I read, $227 including a pack of new white tips. They look brand new too, all in all it was a great deal. Otherwise I would probably have bought them from this place.

Time permitting I plan on writing a lengthy review aking to my CD3000/SR325 piece of last year, this time comparing Sonys and Etys out of various sources. I hope there is interest in such a review. Any ideas perhaps?

Sep 17, 2002 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by mcbiff
As for Phase 2, well, let's just say I've given a fair bit of change over to Apple in exchange for something sexy and portable. But unfortunately that's another few weeks away, suppose I'll have to make do with these Etys and my Panasonic 'til then. Shouldn't be too hard.
smily_headphones1.gif

only the most intrepid head-fiers will someday reach the glory that is Phase 12: bankrupcy.
wink.gif

congratulations on your 4p and ipod; i am hoping to get both of those soon as well.

Sep 17, 2002 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
only the most intrepid head-fiers will someday reach the glory that is Phase 12: bankrupcy.
wink.gif

I always thought phase/chapter 7 was bad enough. ("A trustee is appointed to "liquidate" (sell) the company's assets and the money is used to pay off the debt")
frown.gif

In head-fi terms, "Your spouse is appointed by default to "give away" (or sell at a low price on head-fi) all your headphone assets and the money is used to pay off your child's college tutions.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Phase12, you just brought it to a new level bro. Do you mind filling me in for the defination of Phase12?
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by mcbiff
Today I received the Etymotic ER4-Ps I bought last week, and I could not be more excited right now. They simply blow the ER6s I previously thought to be perfect out of the water.

AMEN, mcbiff...

Those ER4-Ps are kick-butt listening devices...I ought to know!

Enjoy,

biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #7 of 7
Glad to hear this. I am on the same path. I have been using my ER-6s and loving the sound, but not completely at comfort. I bought a ER-4P and P-S cable on ebay this week and should be an Er-4 user by the end of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back