Petition For Gapless Playback on the iPod
Sep 7, 2004 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zoide

Headphoneus Supremus
Sep 8, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 6
Although it's a nice idea, I seriously doubt it'll make much of a difference. If Apple (aka Steve Jobs) has decided they will add the ability at some point, they will. If it's been decided that it's not an important feature, history says there's not much chance of changing Steve's mind.

As for the petition, I see a few problems in its implimentation. First of all, there's no mechanism to verify who's signing, so someone with multiple email addresses could sign multiple times, using different "names". This type of thing is what causes companies to dismiss these petitions as "useless".

Also, I wonder if some people will refrain from signing (or use a fake name) due to the lack of privacy. They should give an option to keep your name private from everyone except Apple.

I do hope Apple adds gapless playback soon. It would be just enough incentive for me to upgrade my iPod
280smile.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Signed! nice!

Is there a petition for iTMS to do Apple Lossless? I guess they really can't charge any more than $1 coz I can just go and order the CD. But they should make the option available, I don't think that many people are going to download lossless, besides people like us of course.

--Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back