PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #316 of 551
Taking into account the various Fostex-TH series builds and Denon-D series builds I have seen, the dimensions of the cup / frame assembly just do not allow for any recessed cable jack larger than 3.5mm to be installed. Most people that really really want mini-XLRs have to do what is called a "pig-tail" mod, which looks like THIS:

But what I recommend you do is just go ahead and get the SMC mod done, and then just grab a pair of THESE:

I believe Brandon can make these as well, so you could get it all done through him.

- InsanityOne :k701smile:  

Thanks for the info guys!

I'm not a huge fan of the pig tails, so going the SMC + adapter route seems like the best option for me.

Follow up question. Why go for SMC over the 2.5 mm? Just wondering if there are pros/cons to go for one over the other.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #317 of 551
Thanks for the info guys!

I'm not a huge fan of the pig tails, so going the SMC + adapter route seems like the best option for me.

Follow up question. Why go for SMC over the 2.5 mm? Just wondering if there are pros/cons to go for one over the other.

The SMC does not require any cutting of the cups/frame while the 2.5mm will require a slight enlargement of the hole and some cutting of the cups

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #319 of 551

@PETEREK

Is a mad man

Part man part manimal....MANIMAL!!!!

Holy **** this is dope!

Mmm... That cable color is just... 
eek.gif
 Notice any differences right away between SE and Balanced?

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #320 of 551

Mmm... That cable color is just... 
eek.gif
 Notice any differences right away between SE and Balanced?

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Have not received it yet. I will return though. ( to this thread with my pic)
My EX1000 were balanced by him and it did make a difference so I am balancing again (ma900)

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #323 of 551
Has anyone heard anything from Peterek in a while?

This isn't me talking bad about him at all; I know he's a very nice guy and does great work. I also know his wife gave birth recently and he posted a message that he's trying to catch up, but I purchased my mod 6 weeks ago, sent him my headphones 4 weeks ago, and literally haven't heard from him once. Just starting to worry a bit. 

Thanks... 

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #324 of 551
Yes, I just talk to him yesterday he is completely slammed with work so wait times are probably double or triple what normally they would be plus his newborn and his other child and his wife and his full-time job but he still doing wonderful work check out these pictures

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #325 of 551
Yes, I just talk to him yesterday he is completely slammed with work so wait times are probably double or triple what normally they would be plus his newborn and his other child and his wife and his full-time job but he still doing wonderful work check out these pictures

Those look incredible! I'm very excited. Good to hear all is good and he's just busy. Thanks for letting me know!

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #326 of 551

*Drools...*

- InsanityOne 
eek.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #329 of 551
Got my detachable cable mod with re-termination of stock cable for my Fostex TH-X00 Ebony cans.  Thanks Peterek!  Quality is excellent.  Now I can use my custom extended cable with them.

Can't post a photo yet.

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #330 of 551
Got my detachable cable mod with re-termination of stock cable for my Fostex TH-X00 Ebony cans.  Thanks Peterek!  Quality is excellent.  Now I can use my custom extended cable with them.

Can't post a photo yet.

Enjoy them! PETEREK really does an awesome job on the Fostex.

And, yeah... pics or it didn't happen. J/k :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back