PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Feb 14, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #301 of 551
  The glory days are back... that Z1R is something SPECIAL!

That is what the word on the street is. I haven't heard them for myself, but I really want to!

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #302 of 551
Hi, do you know what cable i can buy to replace on my dunu titan 3 earphones? i cant find the right cable anywhere they don't even supply it on their website. i might just end up buying another pair 

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #303 of 551
  Hi, do you know what cable i can buy to replace on my dunu titan 3 earphones? i cant find the right cable anywhere they don't even supply it on their website. i might just end up buying another pair 

Send Peterek a message on his website and you can discuss getting one made for you.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheAudMod

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #304 of 551
Hey everyone, 

I am working on responding to everyone's messages. My son was born 6 weeks early two weeks ago and we just brought him home earlier today. Any delayed responses were due to me being out of the house most of those two weeks. Know that I am working on catching up on that. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #305 of 551
  Hey everyone, 

I am working on responding to everyone's messages. My son was born 6 weeks early two weeks ago and we just brought him home earlier today. Any delayed responses were due to me being out of the house most of those two weeks. Know that I am working on catching up on that. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Congrats!!
beerchug.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #306 of 551
Hey everyone, 

No problem, take your time. Your son is more important than some cables.

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #307 of 551
  Hey everyone, 

Congratulations and I wish you and your family all the best!

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #308 of 551
  Hey everyone, 

Congratulations!! I hope both baby and mother are doing well :)

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #309 of 551
  Hey everyone, 

CONGRATS meng! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #310 of 551
Hey everyone, 

All the best to you in this challenging time. I hope your son is doing well now and onwards. Take care, mate

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #312 of 551
I just picked up a pair of Fostex Th900s. I'm thinking of getting them modded to have removable cables, but has anyone ever used mini XLR instead of the 2.5 mm jacks on the Fostex mod? I'm hoping to be able to share cables between my ZMF Ori and the th900.

And who knows, I may pick up an audeze soon, so the mini XLR would work with thoses too!

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #313 of 551

Quote:
I just picked up a pair of Fostex Th900s. I'm thinking of getting them modded to have removable cables, but has anyone ever used mini XLR instead of the 2.5 mm jacks on the Fostex mod? I'm hoping to be able to share cables between my ZMF Ori and the th900.

And who knows, I may pick up an audeze soon, so the mini XLR would work with thoses too!

I don't think there is enough space for the mini-xlr jack on the frame and you would be cutting a lot into the cups but if there is a way then PETEREK the master would be able to do it.  The only way I can think of would be to cut the cables a few inches from the cups and put on female mini-xlr jacks and then you could have male mini-xlr jack on the remaining cable, some do this so they can standardize on one type of connection.  Here's a picture of a mini-xlr jack on the frame of a TH-600 which has SMC connectors

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #314 of 551

No chance. the mini-XLR jack is larger than the whole edge of the TH chassis. You could do small cable whips to do disconnectable, however that would add weight to the already heavy headphones.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #315 of 551

Taking into account the various Fostex-TH series builds and Denon-D series builds I have seen, the dimensions of the cup / frame assembly just do not allow for any recessed cable jack larger than 3.5mm to be installed. Most people that really really want mini-XLRs have to do what is called a "pig-tail" mod, which looks like THIS:

But what I recommend you do is just go ahead and get the SMC mod done, and then just grab a pair of THESE:

I believe Brandon can make these as well, so you could get it all done through him.

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back