Peter Gabriel Launches Online Music Store
Jun 25, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #16 of 21
I'm grabbing it right now before I head to sleep. Will listen tomorrow. I seem to only have the option of grabbing the ALAC format. How does one choose which file format they want to grab? Also, thus far, how many artists have been featured? I have 2 only thus far. Do paying subscribers get the opportunity to grab all past ones?

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm grabbing it right now before I head to sleep. Will listen tomorrow. I seem to only have the option of grabbing the ALAC format. How does one choose which file format they want to grab?

When I log into the site, and then go to this URL:

https://secure.bowers-wilkins.com/mu...d/Manager.aspx

I get a screen with a choice of two radio buttons; one for ALAC, one for FLAC.

Quote:

Also, thus far, how many artists have been featured? I have 2 only thus far.

As far as I can tell, there have only been two so far.

Quote:

Do paying subscribers get the opportunity to grab all past ones?

That's a good question. I sure hope so, because I'm very cash starved right now, but when things improve, I would certainly want to download the rest of the Little Axe...

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 21
Well, just like the other two releases, I didn't care for the Brett Anderson tracks. Maybe I'm not giving these the same chance since they were free, but I don't think the music is particularly interesting. The recording quality is fine, but nowhere near the level that Peter Gabriel's albums are.

Bryan

Jul 12, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #20 of 21
I found this with the first two as well (haven't listened to the latest but did grab it yesterday). It all sounds fine, but the music is just okay. Nothing I would normally pick up. I'm all for being exposed to new music and even paying for what amounts to a blind date of sorts each month, but if they are all dogs...why would I want to continue? The music isn't bad, just not my thing thus far.

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #21 of 21
The new album was released today and I'm diggin it a lot. Just finished downloading it. I'm into the second track already. So far it is really nice, in the same vein as Joni Mitchell. One thing B&W needs to do is tag their files. This FLAC EP is blank..not cool. I will download the ALAC one to test out and see if they got it right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back