Perun electrostatic headphone impressions
Oct 12, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #286 of 440
I love my L700 mkII but cant stand the clamping force on upper jaw, etc any longer than 40 min. so that might be an alternative, the earpad design does look comfy
I love my L700 mkI and the clamping force is fine. The only thing that really annoys me is that I have to take off my glasses to use them because otherwise they press on the arms, which is uncomfortable and compromises the seal.

How are the Perun Rock with glasses?

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #289 of 440
I've spent some time with the Perun today, to compare with the Sennheiser He60 Baby Orpheus.
These are 2 electrostat headphones but they provide different listening experience.

The Perun just breaks the wall. You feel like in a huge concert hall and when you put chamber music well the result is a bit weird.
But for jazz, requiem and symphonies it's just awesome.
Regarding the bass, I feel like my 353X is a bit short in power to get the best from the Rock. For example on Moanin from Art Blakey, I don't feel the bass like I'm used to with iems. So I'll try to get my hands on a powerful Energizer to see what the Perun can do.

On the other side the Sennheiser gives a much smaller image, but more precise and with a higher dynamic / speed compared to the Rock. It's a matter of taste but as I already own an Utopia, the Rock provides a really different experience and I'll keep it.

Pics or it didn't happen

IMG_20211030_160255.jpg

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #290 of 440
Can anyone confirm the info about Peruns having two drivers now? Is it a special model or a silent revision or something else. The website doesn’t have any updates on that option. I recently got an ES-1a and the Perun Rock is my new obscure estat obsession, particularly if it has a new double driver mode.

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #294 of 440
I finally got back in as I bought a Stax SRM 007t that is a Japanese version so the seller gave me the step down transformer. Now I didn't get to listen when I got these back from Perun with the new drivers but fresh they sounded horrible and after a few hours things started settling in bass. There was static for a few hours. I did **** up though and tore the corner of the ear pad.

So I said mean thing to my headphone but that was just part of the burn in. Things still have to even out as sound is changing db levels from left to right back to left then right but the Stax has the separate imbalance volume control so no issue for me. It's funny that other companies making energizers don't use this as estats are not reliable with imbalance issues all. The volume difference is noticeable with midbass. sometimes subass but less frequent. Sad new these act like 1266 with proper position for even bass from left to right so different adjustment to the metal rods have to be made. If you are fresh off the boat I wouldn't bother too much with that just hight position for a week of constant use as the break in brings out the drivers capabilities in time. So bass was light and next day bass start getting stronger and deeper in tone.

I feel like buying another one for warranty problems so I always have one. To improve even further the Stax amp has better tubes coming. This headphone is basically what helped me sell my Abyss 1266 TC. it's the same damn presentation for 1200 bucks.

I'm saving all those picks to my computer as I was always intrigued by what it looked like on the inside.................. Which led to me trying to remove the leather pad KICK ME in the ASS and call me YOU BIG DUMBY. lol. I'll see if Perun will sell me a left side pad instead of sending them all the way to Russia. Good news is it did not effect the bass.

NEW GUYS GIVE THEM TIME IF THEY SOUND LIKE crap OUT OF THE BOX!!!! :deadhorse::fearful:It is not a dynamic or planar dealing with a surface that gets charged and things have to be uniform and probably means voltage need to saturate the diaphragm evenly and out of the box it might not be able to until right amount of time happen like a new sports car you don't drive it hard until the engine has hit accouple thousand miles on it.

May buy extra one right now what color will I go with this time.:gs1000smile::ksc75smile:

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #295 of 440
Is noticeable channel imbalance a common issue with the perun’s?

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #297 of 440
Is noticeable channel imbalance a common issue with the perun’s?
I had that issue and they resolved it and put in the double bass drivers instead of what was in there. They want you to charge the drivers and wait 10 minutes before playing music. If it's so bad send them in for replacement drivers.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #298 of 440
I had that issue and they resolved it and put in the double bass drivers instead of what was in there. They want you to charge the drivers and wait 10 minutes before playing music. If it's so bad send them in for replacement drivers.
It definitely takes at least 10 minutes maybe 20 with the amp on, before the headphones sound good.

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #299 of 440

Users who are viewing this thread

Back