Perun electrostatic headphone impressions
Aug 18, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #121 of 440
Here they are!

1597766482212.png
1597766579779.png

" As I wrote earlier, this is a two-way version of the headphones where a double membrane of a complex design is used as the bass segment, and a narrow vertical strip of a closed type of 10mm design is used as a high-frequency radiator. width.

[...]

I will not do anything anymore, this is a finished version and no "prototype". The headband is holy simplicity, lightness, reliability and visual transparency, the headphones, despite their impressive size, weigh 352 grams, fit perfectly on any head from a teenager to a well-fed , an adult audiophile. The inner cutout (volume) of the ear cushions is much larger than in live sound, the auricle does not touch anything at all, in short, you can sleep in them))) in terms of ease of use. And make some kind of contrived headband with plastic growths so that just to please some part of potential customers ... I will not, as I wrote above, ease of use, ease and reliability are above all. Ear pads are a separate part, very important, I would even say the most important component of the headphones and it is not selected so that someone likes or dislikes,and the requirement for the acoustic design of this headphone, by the way, here the ear pads are as much as 10mm thinner than in live sound and the headphones on the head look very streamlined, partly because the cups are so well rounded on the outside.

[...]

The fact that you can sleep in them is very good! 80% of the time I listen while lying down. Seriously.
And about a teenager and a well-fed audiophile - this is very funny, clearly!)"

Google translated from: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=707224463191238

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #122 of 440
[Mods: Double post, please delete. Thanks!]

Aug 24, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #123 of 440
I really like how they look similar to lamda's vertical driver ! How much those cost ? thanks

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #124 of 440
I really like how they look similar to lamda's vertical driver ! How much those cost ? thanks
Same as the Live Sound version. Here's the order page: http://perun.prfi.ru/view-item.php?id=29

If you want to "take one for the team" and order one to tell us how it sounds go ahead :D

I'm still a bit hesitant to spend so much on headphones from a relatively unknown manufacturer that is so far away without hearing more impressions 😅...

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #126 of 440
Perun live sound is really hard to drive more or less close to 007 from Stax. I would not recommend it if you have mediocre amp...
It all depends on the membrane-stator gap.
Perun Live Sound were produced at different times with different parameters, there were those that were controlled as 007, but there were those that were controlled as 009.

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #127 of 440
Perun Live Sound were produced at different times with different parameters, there were those that were controlled as 007, but there were those that were controlled as 009.

Thanks! This is new to me.

How drivable is the final Live version? Closer to 007 or 009? Of course, if there is something like a final Live version... I have The 007-like driveable Live variant and like it very much with my KGSSHV Carbon (enough juice to drive anything)...

And what about the new "Rock" version? Is it drivable closer to 007 or 009? And has anyone heard it to share some impressions?

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #128 of 440
As for headphone maker, you need to identify each headphone with a serial number or make them look different somewhere if you are making two versions with different parameters. So you can answer which version do we have when we have to ask ... I bought mine around 2019/12, what version is it ?

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #129 of 440
As for headphone maker, you need to identify each headphone with a serial number or make them look different somewhere if you are making two versions with different parameters. So you can answer which version do we have when we have to ask ... I bought mine around 2019/12, what version is it ?
All Perun Live Sound headphones have the same frequency response, but in some of the headphones, the membrane-stator gap is 0.1 mm larger, so they need a little more voltage from the amplifier to create a certain sound volume.

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #130 of 440
All Perun Live Sound headphones have the same frequency response, but in some of the headphones, the membrane-stator gap is 0.1 mm larger, so they need a little more voltage from the amplifier to create a certain sound volume.
Do you work for Perun? Can we bombard you with questions? :)

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #131 of 440
Waiting for one good big review for Rock version...

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #132 of 440
I've been telling these guys: they need to send some units to well-known reviewers in the US or Europe (or @Currawong in Japan!) so we can get more impressions :)

Aug 29, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #134 of 440
Oh, these are huge! Bigger than the Live version? Could you post dimensions of the cups?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back