Perun electrostatic headphone impressions
May 31, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #106 of 440
Zoide I am absolutely with you keeping the overall system price reasonable (is the reason why I did not buy electrostatic headphone). There are only some Stax amps and Mjolnir Octave mk2 around $1200 and thats basicaly all. Or anybody have other suggestions?
I think becouse you already have electrostatic system which you know best would be buy Perun and you will see what you like more. I heard only older version, newer live sound version should have better tonally, bass and mainly soundstage which sounds promising.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #107 of 440
Has anyone compared the Perun to the Kaldas RR1?

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #108 of 440
Check it out! Apparently there's a new model under development:

[Via Google Translate]

"Hello friends. From the news, I’m preparing a special rock version of the PZhZ (Perun Live Sound), outwardly they will not go beyond the existing size, they will only be rectangular (a-la Stax lambda), also more streamlined from the outside. the register is much more shocking, rock power and thus the approach of this direction of music to a concert, real sound. Of course, the rest of the register should NOT be affected. The headphones will have two bands without separation by electronic filters, but only physically, i.e. treble. the emitter, by design, cannot play bass, but bass. a radiator (of complex design) cannot play treble., while treble. the emitter will be a closed type of acoustic design, that is, the sound from it will NOT go outside. As long as there is only a functioning prototype that is constantly being developed, trimmed and polished))). But the sound is already impressive, although I am not a listener of rock, but here. ..have))). In general, soon I’ll probably send "Inadequate Metalworker" (Ruslan) or someone from metal fans to listen to. This does not mean that these headphones do not play jazz or classical, they are just for lovers of darker tonal balance sound."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Perunstatic/permalink/919669255166606

Edit:

He also compares their bass to that of the Abyss 1266:

"1266 I always have it in comparison since my countryman has it and he stably pulls them to me at my request. The space in the PZhZ is deeper than that, but in general any isodynamics differs from the ES as a whole in a rougher sound and this is natural since the membrane is thicker and heavier . By call. PZZ bass is not inferior to 1266, if you are interested in. The new version of P. is superior to 1266 in bass. Here I would like to clarify that PZZ is not canceled as an obsolete version, these two versions of headphones will be made in parallel, since they are quite different and with different qualities According to the stereo sound space of the new ones, it is not inferior in depth to the PZH, but it is wider, that is, it is huge or even a step closer to the real one, especially in some recordings. Two words about two bands, there is an opinion that NW is an ideal source of sound But the realities are such that it is impossible to realize, each range requires its own emitter, with its own constructive design and its acoustic capabilities, a cat. The silos simply can’t handle it. At first there was a fear that the stereo scene would fall apart in two bands, but no, placing the high-frequency radiator in front and giving it a closed design completely dispelled this fear, stereo-accurate and three-dimensional, with a depth extension, and this is very important."

@vvar10ck What else can you share about them? Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #109 of 440
Try this with games, it is amazing both soundstage and dynamically, as gunshot sound very load and real, like real load and immersive. Then after the fight ends, everything is very quiet and you can hear every footstep very clearly but still in a subtle and real way. my L700 has more dynamic sound but smaller soundstage, so I think Perun hit a better balance between just the right amount of dynamism (L700 is much more dynamic through KGSSHV carbon) and having huge soundstage make it easy to distinguish enemy positions. I played call of duty warzone and apex/overwatch with very good results very impressive. I rank L700/Perun much higher than any gaming headset really.
@ahmedie What do you mean by dynamism?

Also, what led you to sell your L700, Perun, and 007mk2? I see you only mention the L300LE in your signature.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #110 of 440
@ahmedie What do you mean by dynamism?

Also, what led you to sell your L700, Perun, and 007mk2? I see you only mention the L300LE in your signature.

Thanks
i have detailed comparison between L700/L700MK2/L300LE, L300LE had wider stage and warmer signature which I like to my taste, 007MK2 need powerful amp which I dont have. I own perun live sound not going to sell them anytime soon haha, I meant dynamics,

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #111 of 440
i have detailed comparison between L700/L700MK2/L300LE, L300LE had wider stage and warmer signature which I like to my taste, 007MK2 need powerful amp which I dont have. I own perun live sound not going to sell them anytime soon haha, I meant dynamics,

Interesting @ahmedie ... In that case, why are you keeping the L300LE? Earlier you said that the Peruns are better in every way:

Compared to my L300LE, they have wider sound-stage, better detail in all ranges, also much more better bass details/depth/quantity/quality. Lambda bass problem is non-exist in this headphone. The funny thing they still retain that up-mid forwardness of lambda, but are really much more controlled and I am not bothered with, but enough revealing for bad recording.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #113 of 440
Jun 26, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #114 of 440
do they sound different or Perun just better?
They sound different! Perun is more extended in the bass, bigger soundstage, and warmer, it is a warmer headphone. L300LE is more mid-forward and more intimate but does not extend as deep but mid-bass is stronger and tone is a little bit off can be fixed with EQ though and is more clear also bright headphone... (btw there are many L300LE/L700 reviews online). Perun is the better overall sound... but some music prefers mid-bass and brighter tuning of L300LE

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #115 of 440
Thank you for taking the time to provide an extensive drafted review of the Perun. Your conclusion is exactly what I am looking for in my current system.

Did you end up ordering one @harris4crna ? I'm looking forward to more reviews/impressions :)

@vvar10ck you got to update your website. Make it more intuitive and easy to understand with specs and more pictures and options etch..

Get your headphones to youtube reviewers like Z reviews, joshua valour and others etch..

Don't be shy :p
x2 !

@vvar10ck The website could really use some work, and sending review samples to people like Zeos and Joshua Valour would probably make sales skyrocket.

I personally would be much more likely to buy one if the website looked more professional and included more details, and if I heard good things about the Perun from a trusted YouTube review :wink:

Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #116 of 440
Jul 30, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #117 of 440
Aug 11, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #118 of 440
It looks like the Perun guy is working on a really crazy new project. More details have come out about the "rock" version, which is going to have three membranes per ear :astonished:

Here's a Google translation of a post on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Perunstatic/permalink/970171013449763):

"Recently I had the rare luck of being involved in the amazing birth of a completely new, beautiful, hitherto unknown !!
My son and I rested on the southern coast of Crimea, and of course I could not resist visiting the most respected maestro, the creator of Peruns, Alexander Zakharkov! The fact is that Alexander just now switched to new technologies, and with passion he is working on the creation of a completely new two-way model of Perunov! And I was lucky enough to listen to and test the preliminary version in detail!
The new model has two mid-low-frequency membranes in each cup (one duplicates the other), and the high-frequency tweeter is pushed forward, which gives, in particular, a special depth of the scene, previously unattainable for Peruns. What else does this technology give in terms of sound?
I recently managed to test the new Orphei HE1 in some detail. Like Alexander in Peruns, the Senheisers in the new model also sought to combine the depth and solidity of the lower range in the spirit of the best isodynamics like the Abis and Susvarra with a truly columnar space in the spirit of K1000. And the Senheiser brilliantly solved this problem !! HE1 is able not only to build space well, but to convey in its entirety the most complex multidimensional volumetric interaction of all layers of musical fabric, which is rare even in expensive floor speakers, and even more so no headphones can give anything of the kind! At the same time, nothing merges and does not mix, the sound is amazingly clean even in the lowest range, on the deepest bass of the organ.
For example, listening to an organ on old Orpheus HE90 with stock amplification is quite difficult, an excess of low bass pretty much crushes everything else, and with a noticeable increase in volume, the headphones already go into a stupor and the lower range sometimes merges into a mess due to overload. And Abusakh this moment is expressed much more and I cannot listen to the organ in them at all. To some extent, this moment is, to be honest, and in Peruns there is a living sound, although not to the same extent as in the Abises, but there is, especially on weaker paths. Indeed, when listening on clearly unsuccessful paths, especially those close to budget ones, ZhZ often has a certain slowness and even a tendency to overload.
But in the new Orpheus HE1, when the volume is increased, on the contrary, more and more tasty details are revealed with the halographic accuracy of the transmission of all layers of the multidimensional sound picture. I was especially shocked in the new Orpheus by the unspeakable transparency and purity at the beginning of the organ fantasy in C minor, where the lower BO of the subcontroctave sounds (16.3 Hz) and then the chains of the deepest organ pedals follow! Weight, power, even drive - more than enough, trills in extreme bass already physically hit the legs (this is such an illusion), but at the same time everything is absolutely clean, without the slightest hint of porridge. In short, the bass in HE1 is really the best in the world. So I sincerely thought. Until I heard Alexander's two-way model. Now for me this question already remains open - in order to identify the winner, a detailed thoughtful direct comparison is necessary.
Alexander and I tested the two-way model in detail in comparison with the ZhZ. And she showed herself better than ZhZ on all records in all respects! Alexander jokingly named the new Peruns UBZH, that is, the killer of the Living Sound. At ZhZ, the edges of the range are still slightly lifted, the lowest infra-bass, and the top starting from 10 KHz and above. In my opinion, it is from the forced infra-bass below 50 Hz that a certain tendency to slowness and overload of the HZ comes from. In recent years, I have listened quite a lot to the bass of the organ live: on Malaya Gruzinskaya in Moscow, on Montmatre in Paris, in the Church of St. Peter in Poitiers, in the main temple of Pitsunda in Abkhazia, and even a real Zilberman in Bremen! So, in all cases, purely by ear, the range of about 130 to 60 Hertz stands out brightest. If, conditionally, we take the BO of the subcontroctave of 16.35 Hz, then the walls tremble from it and the benches in the temple vibrate, But this sound is actually the least audible by ear, and is perceived rather as a sub-buffer, giving power and density to the sound of the whole. BEFORE the controctave (32.7 Hz) is much more audible, this is already a real sound, it is thanks to such basses that the sound of the organ is perceived as unusually grand, wide and large. But only approximately starting from the C large octave of 65 Hz, the sound goes into the most powerful, most audible roar. I remember, in Poitiers, hiding behind a stone column about 30 meters from the organ, and all the same, the most powerful sound wave literally physically crushes and presses you from all sides! But this is not at all 16, or even 30 Hz.
The new two-band model was originally created for rockers, and there is a slight hump in it, not on the infra-bass, but higher, from about 60 to 100 Hz, giving firmness and providing drive! But it was precisely this frequency response that turned out to be the most lively, realistic, and reliable for any genre, since it most closely matches the perception of the human ear! The new model turned out to be much smoother, and most importantly, much more natural and richer in sound. The very two-lane with duplicating membranes and pushing the tweeter forward gives not only a special depth of the scene, as in my K1000 s / n 6xxx (even the new Orpheus HE1 does not have such a deep scene!), But above all extraordinary flexibility, liveliness, speed, and unique fullness formation of space, which is already really approaching the new Orpheus HE1! In direct comparison with ZhZ, the new Peruns have much more complete filling of the virtual center (compared on many records!), And this, it seems to me, is due to the richer elaboration of the entire mid-frequency range. If the ZZh has slightly raised edges, then the two-band model has much better worked out the rest of the frequency response - from 60 to 9000 Hz !! Therefore, the new model sounds much more interesting and richer in terms of timbres. If the new Orpheus HE1 has a barely noticeable tilt towards sterile analyticity in the spirit of ACG, then the two-band Peruns of Alexander are at least in no way inferior in timbre to the much more tasty lively and spicy old HE90! The new model in the violin timbre had a particularly tangible superiority over ZhZ. Alexander definitely liked my self-digitization from vinyl of a double concert by Vivaldi (he rates this work of mine higher than Likhnitsky's digitization), and we compared in detail ZhZ and UZhZ with different interconnects on this recording. In all variants, the advantage of the newest model was very noticeable. ZhZ sounded very good, unusually beautiful and soft, but in the new headphones the violin timbre seemed to blossom, shimmer with the richest colors and shades, and without any tinting in a bad way - it just sounded more authentic, fuller and richer !! It is in the midrange that the new two-lane Peruns are particularly powerful. Naturally, in this comparison we were not limited to my digitization. which I do not consider as a standard at all. We also compared in detail the 2nd part of Bach's 6th Brandenburg Concerto, written for strings alone, where they are presented especially richly - this is my test recording from a good quality German disc. And in this case, the result was the same! I also listened a lot and compared the deepest organ. In ZhZ, the bass is denser, not so differentiated, and, as it were, spread out a little on the sides of the stage. In the new model, the bass is much larger, faster, more detailed and slightly lighter. Infrabass is presented here in all its glory, but it is not so accentuated, does not crush the texture, it sounds more like a sub-base, which does not bulge out at all, gives a special solidity to the lower range, but at the same time gives all its higher floors to sound in all its beauty! As it really happens in life! sounds more like a subwoofer substrate, which does not protrude at all, gives a special solidity to the lower range, but at the same time makes all its higher floors sound in all its beauty! As it really happens in life!
The same applies to the upper treble above 10 KHz - they are there, but they do not protrude, but at the same time they give extraordinary brilliance and rich iridescence to the same high violins or flutes.
I do not yet pretend to be complete and categorical in my conclusions. The two-lane version of Alexander is still only preliminary and has to be thoroughly revised. In addition, at that moment Alexander had only transistor circuits, although they were very advanced and expensive, much better than any Stacks ones. But all the same, in order to understand what and how, it would be very desirable for me to listen to all this on the best tube paths of Dmitry-Demographer. Maybe I'm wrong, but on the basis of many auditions, I have long formed a deep conviction that only on the paths of the Demographer Peruns (and not only) fully reveal themselves in all their splendor !!!
But even the first preliminary conclusions are worth a lot. On the paths of Dmitry it is quite obvious that the last copies of Peruns have long outplayed not only 009 Stax, but even the old Omegas. And only the unsinkable Orpheus loom ahead as a kind of reference point.
If we evaluate the New two-way model in comparison with the two versions of the Orpheus, I would say that the new two-way Peruns are slightly inferior to the new OrpheusNE1 in halographically accurate transmission of all multidimensional layers of the sound picture, surpassing them in stage depth, and most likely, not inferior in bass quality ...
As for the old Orpheus HE90, the new Peruns for the first time became a real competitor for them in beauty, authenticity, and richness of timbres, perhaps a little inferior to them in the crystal purity of the high frequencies, which are really simply incomparable among the old Orpheus! But Alexander's version is only preliminary, and he is still going to refine his squeaker to achieve more transparent and high-quality highs! In which we wish him great success!
Alexander has already reached the real depth of the K1000 scene, and in all other respects the AKGs are not suitable for the new Peruns. So it turns out, I seem to be present at the secret of the birth of the ideal, perfect speaker concept in headphones !!!"

@vvar10ck Sounds super cool! When is it expected to be released? Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #120 of 440
q2.jpgq3.jpgq1.jpg

Pics from our Customer, Van from USA. Guess headphones models nearby placed and an amp :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back