Perth! 2005 Mid-Year Meet?
Jun 21, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #32 of 47
The following people have mentioned their intention to attend:

Snufkin (Meet will be held at his shop.)
skyskraper
bubbamc119
Flea Bag
BigDave (yet to confirm, PM just sent)
crypt@(yet to confirm, PM just sent)

Headphones:
1.AKG K240S (with custom cable)
2.AKG K271
3.Alessandro MS-1 (with Todd’s flat pads, soft pads & bowl pads)
4.Audio Technica ATH-AD900
5.Etymotics ER-4 (not confirmed)
6.Ultrasone Hi-Fi 650 Trackmasters
7.Ultrasone HiFi 500 DJ1 (not confirmed)
8.Sennheiser HD600 (with Oehlbach cable)
9.Sennheiser HD280 Pro (with cracks in headband!)
10.Sennheiser HD650
11.Sony MDR-E484 (not confirmed)
12.Plus other items in Snufkin’s shop, dependant on packaging.

Amplifiers:
1.M3
2.SuperMacro 3 (not confirmed)
3.Gilmore (exact model was not specified by skyscraper)
4.PPA v1.1 maxed out with steps supply
5.Shellbrook Audio Maxi-Moy
6.Meier-Audio Corda Prehead-1 MkII
5.Plus other items in Snufkin’s shop, dependant on packaging.

Sources & Others:
1. 20GB 2nd(?) generation iPod
2.Behringer DEQ-2496 Digital Equilizer (DAC)
3.iRiver IHP-140 (not confirmed)
4.Toshiba SD900E, DVD-Audio
5.Sony SCD-555 SACD player (not confirmed)
Plus other items in Snufkin’s shop, dependant on packaging.

Jun 22, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #33 of 47
You guys mind if a Head-Fi newbie drops by?

I'm looking at getting the AD1000's/MS-2, and wanted to have the chance to have a listen to their younger brothers (amped/unamped) to see which signature strikes me.

Jun 22, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #34 of 47
People are pretty much welcome to listen to any headphones or amps I have in stock as well (excluded headphones are canalphones, buds, models in packaging you have to destroy to open or models that are just a real pain to repackage). I have a few amps out on the road at the moment though so levels are a bit low (currently there's a pimeta, Talisman T-31H, ASL OTLMk2 and ASL OTL32 - Sugden headmaster, Talisman T-3H, Creek OBH21 and Rega EAR are all offsite).

CD players on demo are the NAD C542 and Cambridge 540C - I don't think I'll be bringing my Arcam in and unfortunately we just sent back the Rega Planet that we had here on demo.

I ask a couple of simple things;

Please wash your hair and do not put product in it.

I don't care how fluffy your hair looks if you don't lather it with gel or mousse, we don't need to sticky up everyone's headphones. If you've got grimy hair people (including myself) are less likely to let you try their headphones out, and who likes icky hair anyway.

As you'll be here during business hours customers will have priority, traffic levels aren't normally huge but please make room for any customers who'd like to demo stuff - you're welcome to shuffle into the LSK demo room if you like, there's plenty of room in there
wink.gif

You break it, you bought it - this goes for store stock and any of your own stock - be careful with each other's gear please
smily_headphones1.gif

BYO music - but not too much!
I'll have a fair few CDs here already, but if you have a favourite album or two bring them along. Don't bring your entire collection, try to limit it to maybe 5 of your most favourite CDs. And for your own sake, bring stuff you actually listen to, not "demo test cd #5 'sinewave sweeps, how low can you go'?"

You will be on video surveillance - don't even think about stealing stuff. This meet is for you guys, don't bollocks it up by going and lifting items from the shop or from each other.

And last but not least - have fun
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #35 of 47
but, have you seen what i look like without product?

_1263930_aff_yahoo150.jpg

fleabag: sorry to dissapoint you, here is where my gilmore is currently residing the pos
wink.gif

dynalo.jpg

Jun 22, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #36 of 47
Sony SACD player confirmed. If you have any SACDs people, bring them! I only have one at this stage - Pink Floyd dsotm.

So can you make it skyscraper?

Come along Kazuya the more the merrier. I'm a relative newbie too.

Jun 22, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #37 of 47
yup ill be down. hopefully i have time tomorrow to case up a pimeta and mint

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #38 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazuya
You guys mind if a Head-Fi newbie drops by?

I'm looking at getting the AD1000's/MS-2, and wanted to have the chance to have a listen to their younger brothers (amped/unamped) to see which signature strikes me.

We'll be expecting you! And remember to follow Snufkin's advice and come with all natural hair!

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #39 of 47
The following people have confirmed their attendance:

Snufkin (Meet will be held at his shop.)
skyskraper
bubbamc119
Kazuya
Flea Bag
BigDave (not sure, will try to make it)
crypt@(yet to confirm, no contact yet)

Equipment expected to be at the meet:

Headphones:
1.AKG K240S (with custom cable)
2.AKG K271
3.Alessandro MS-1 (with Todd’s flat pads, soft pads & bowl pads)
4.Audio Technica ATH-AD900
5.Etymotics ER-4 (not confirmed)
6.Ultrasone Hi-Fi 650 Trackmasters
7.Ultrasone HiFi 500 DJ1 (not confirmed)
8.Sennheiser HD600 (with Oehlbach cable)
9.Sennheiser HD280 Pro (with cracks in headband!)
10.Sennheiser HD650
11.Sony MDR-E484 (not confirmed)
12.Plus other items in Snufkin’s shop, dependant on packaging.

Amplifiers:
1.M3
2.SuperMacro 3 (not confirmed)
3.PPA v1.1 maxed out with steps supply
4.Shellbrook Audio Maxi-Moy
5.Meier-Audio Corda Prehead-1 MkII
6.Plus other items in Snufkin’s shop, dependant on packaging.

Sources & Others:
1. 20GB 2nd(?) generation iPod
2.Behringer DEQ-2496 Digital Equilizer (DAC)
3.iRiver IHP-140 (not confirmed)
4.Toshiba SD900E, DVD-Audio
5.Sony SCD-555 SACD player
6. Oehlbach 120 Ohm impedance converter
Plus other items in Snufkin’s shop, dependant on packaging.

Please view on of my previous posts on the venue, Snufkin's shop. He usually closes shop at around 5pm but might stay open till about 6 to 6.30pm at the very latest so it should be ample time given the relatively small turnout.

Jun 22, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #40 of 47
Nice.

I'll make sure to wear a beanie for added cleanliness.

My only ordeal is to resist the temptation to hear higher end setups in the mindset of "ignorance is bliss".
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazuya
Nice.

I'll make sure to wear a beanie for added cleanliness.

My only ordeal is to resist the temptation to hear higher end setups in the mindset of "ignorance is bliss".
smily_headphones1.gif

Aww, so you don't want to hear the L3000?
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #42 of 47
i just got home from a mad thursday night. i must apologise in advance, coz i doubt ill be seeing straight at 2 let alone able to drive.

must kill rockstar lifestyle.

Jun 24, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #43 of 47
Sorry, can't make it - work.

Hope it was a good meet, details!!

Jun 24, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #44 of 47
It was interesting to say the least.

Walk in there at about 3pm, after conveniently forgetting the demo-cd I prepared earlier (groan) and saw absolutely no one there. So I went on with my mission of A/B'ing the AD1000 with the MS2i. But while listening to the AD1000's (which I'm completly overwhelmed with right now), Flea Bag walked in with his little suitcase of... everything.

So spent some time listening to the MS-1/MS-2i, placing some strong preference on the cheaper model due to its more musical and playful nature. Didn't really take note of the amps we were listening out of though, but there was a tube amp on the desk which looked mighty serious
wink.gif

Done a A/B test with the 80 vs. 250ohm versions of the DT-770s, finding them not to be of taste at all, but with the 80ohm clearly finishing as the winner unamped (easier driven, more presence) and amped (fuller sound, while the 250ohm sounded detailed and defined... like an Alaskan winter).

Finished off my day with listening to the MS-Pro (I know I said I wouldn't) and at that point I knew I must escape before I flip out my credit card for them.... that and being 30minutes late to meet up with my girlfriend.

Eyed off those L3000s like crazy though
frown.gif
. Much thanks to the person I assumed was Snufkin, for being damned friendly and helpful, and having the same great taste in musical presentation I had. C'mon, we know its superior
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #45 of 47
i have the worst hang over ever, i wanted to check out the k271s and dt880's side by side thru my m3
frown.gif
ah well we can have a mini meet some other time i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back